Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive speeding/reckless driving declaration

Hi there,

I was recently caught speeding 104mph with a couple friends in the car on a 70mph limit in the UK. Silly mistake I know but have learnt from it. I have a court date soon for excessive speeding, and they will impose penalty points and a fine and they could suspend or revoke my drivers licence as I'm a new driver. I was not arrested, there was no accident/injuries or damage. I have no previous convictions/motoring offences.

Will this incident cause an issue on US F1,H1B visa/green card applications? Is this considered reckless driving in the US and is it a misdemeanor? Is it a CIMT? Will USCIS and CBP have an issue with this? Thanks.

Whoa, that was a crazy situation, but we all make mistakes, and it's cool that you've learned from it. No worries, man! As for the US visa and green card stuff, I'm not an expert, but it's better to be upfront about it during the application process. It might be considered reckless driving in the US, and that could affect your application, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's a CIMT (crime involving moral turpitude). USCIS and CBP might take it into account, but showing that you've taken responsibility and learned from it can make a difference.😊

Comment

Originally posted by libraaliennetworkred View Post
      Whoa, that was a crazy situation, but we all make mistakes, and it's cool that you've learned from it. No worries, man! As for the US visa and green card stuff, I'm not an expert, but it's better to be upfront about it during the application process. It might be considered reckless driving in the US, and that could affect your application, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's a CIMT (crime involving moral turpitude). USCIS and CBP might take it into account, but showing that you've taken responsibility and learned from it can make a difference.😊
      I agree with this. We are all human making mistakes and I hope you did learned about it. Do not worry too much about it. You learn your lesson and take the responsibility.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X