shoplifting pleaded guilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoplifting pleaded guilty

I am student on F1 and was caught at store for shop lifting for 25 $ and they asked for my ID, to my bad luck i didnt carry it . In the beginning they told me i would get an notice and i have to pay the fine ..but as i didn't have the ID they called the cop and cop took me to my home saw my ID, then took me to the station, had my finger prints and gave a court date and sent me home....when i went to the hearing i pleaded guilty and i paid fine and got rid of the case.....
    I really felt ashamed of myself but dont wanna involve attorney and extend the situation, and no one with me to advice me correctly... so i pleaded guilty and paid a fine of 145$ at court and also to the store fellow again 150$later. It happened in November 2010 and i will be going for my stamping for H1 B in 2012 will this affect my visa stamping ....i mean delay or denial completely...any option now..what to answer at the time of visa interview..

You will need to answer questions related to arrests and criminal cases truthfully. Unfortunately it may have bad effect on your visa application.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Your choice of paying the fine and pleading guilty thinking you will get over with it is completely wrong.

You will have to carry this conviction and record for your life now and declare it in every stage of your immigration process including Visa, green card, ,job applications etc.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X