Disorderly Conduct and H1B..Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disorderly Conduct and H1B..Please help

I am really feeling sad, I have been recently given a class B misdemeanor citation for soliciting prostitute, I have retained a criminal lawyer and an immigration lawyer, and they worked a deal with the DA for lesser offense Disorderly Conduct ( which is class C misd... max sentence 30 days), and

I was fingerprinted and photographed on court date and pled guilty for disorderly conduct. I have to attend a class for 8 hours and then once I submit the class completion certificate, case gets dismissed and expunged later. Does this ammended charge come under CIMT ? and does it have any bad affect on my immigration status. Currently I am on H1B and have a valid stamping till Oct 2013.

Is my arrest record itself for the original offense alone makes me deportable / removal proceedings ? is it CIMT inadmissible ?

I am planning to visit India in Feb or March next year, I am worried about my situation at the Port of Entry ( I have a valid stamping till 2013. Do they ask me about my original offense or the ammended offense and will this render me inadmissible

I really appreciate your time and advice on this. Please help

Thank you so much..

Please advise ... Txh1 or anyone please advise

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X