Delay in passport with petty theft record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in passport with petty theft record

Hi, Im on H4 status and was arrested for shoplifting (petty theft) in California on March 2011. The attorney offered me pre-trial and was convicted for trespassing with 2yrs Probhation from that store.

I went to India due to family issues and had to go for H4 stamping on Jan 23rd 2012, Officer at the interview enquired about my arrest has issued the visa but the passport is not delivered yet. What are the possible problem my arrest could have on the passport, will there a chance for rejection of my Vissa. Please reply.
    Thanks

Did you mention about the arrest on the application form? It is procedural to get a background check done and rule out CIMT when there is a hit on the finger print before issuing the visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the reply txh1b.

I did mention about it on the application form. But i was convicted for misdemenor tresspassing not peety theft. In case if they find in back ground check, I can be qualified for petty theft exception. Do you think still it would harm in getting visa.

My Husband already left to US and my parents are really worried about my visa, as they aren;t aware of my arrest.

Please share your experience.

Comment

Hi,
        Pls share on your stamping experience and port of entry experience. I am in a similar situation and plan to go for stamping renewal in couple of months.

Originally posted by NeedHelp_63 View Post
        Thanks for the reply txh1b.

I did mention about it on the application form. But i was convicted for misdemenor tresspassing not peety theft. In case if they find in back ground check, I can be qualified for petty theft exception. Do you think still it would harm in getting visa.

My Husband already left to US and my parents are really worried about my visa, as they aren;t aware of my arrest.

Please share your experience.

Comment

Any updates/Please share results...

Hello i am in the same situation as you were in, i hope your's got resolved and you are back in the states now, can you please share your experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Nostra View Post
            Hello i am in the same situation as you were in, i hope your's got resolved and you are back in the states now, can you please share your experience?
            i will be going for stamping in may. wish me luck. will post my experience.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X