Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping with Public Drunk Arrest Record -- Need Advice

Hello,

I have an arrest record that dates back to September 2009, I was walking back home from a party in an inebriated state. I was stooped by a Police officer and taken into protective custody (He said it was for my own safety and he cant let me off alone in this condition) and had to spent a few hours in the police station (I was fingerprinted as well). After that I was released in the morning and then on the court date payed a fine and was relieved of amy charges.
    My record has been clean apart from this, I am planning to go back to India to get my H1 B stamped sometime in December this year.
    I have a few questions and concerns :
    1. Since i was fingerprinted i am sure the Vo will see that in his system, what are my chances of getting my Visa delayed.
    It will be more than 3 years at the time of the interview and I already have the certified court records to confirm my case.
    2. I will be writing the truth in DS 160 form regarding the arrest but I am apprehensive, I am concerned that the VO does not treat it the same as DUI (I was walking home), mine is a completely different case.
    3. I am planning for stamping in New Delhi, the fact that the case has been more than 3 years old and I do have a clean sheet apart from that, will this work in my favor ?
    4. I have the certified court records, do I need any additional documents to support my case ?

Any help/advise from you guys will be very helpful ..

Thanks..

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X