Expediting EAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expediting EAD

Can anyone help me with the timeline for expediting EAD - has anyone requested expediting and how did that work for you was the process fast . I have called and was advised to send a letter from employer saying I was out of work from this date till now due to EAD expiring.

Have you contacted your local Congress office ? I did as my first time EAD was past due - they were very helpful. In the end my EAD was issued anyway since it was late but had I known earlier to contact the local office, I would have done it sooner.

Comment

No I did do a expedite request and sent a letter from my employer stating I have been out of work for 2 weeks due to EAD expiring. Sent that letter in Friday March 24th and told I would get response soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ASDO View Post
        No I did do a expedite request and sent a letter from my employer stating I have been out of work for 2 weeks due to EAD expiring. Sent that letter in Friday March 24th and told I would get response soon.

I was also told by the Congressman's office that they have seen fast turn arounds once their official seal of congress / paperwork gets involved. For a 2 min phone call and a 15 minute meeting, if you are desperate, it's worth it. It's a very common meeting, you just have to initiate it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by ASDO View Post
          Can anyone help me with the timeline for expediting EAD - has anyone requested expediting and how did that work for you was the process fast . I have called and was advised to send a letter from employer saying I was out of work from this date till now due to EAD expiring.
          Did you travel with AP ? how long was it takes ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X