Help EAD Expiring!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help EAD Expiring!

So I filed my case in December for renewal of EAD I765 & I821D and have not received any updates other than Biometrics appointment on January 17. I've never had a problem renewing the EAD before yet this time it is taking way longer than before. My work permit is set to expire in May and my employer has already notified me of imminent termination unless I provide an updated valid document. I've reached out to USCIS via phone and have just been told to keep on waiting. Filled a case with Ombudsman but have not had a reply. Any other suggestions of who else I can contact? I work as a Paramedic in NYC for a large health system and it has taken a lot of hard work, dedication and sacrifice to obtain the position I have. My case number starts with IOE which is a first for me, if it makes a difference.

Timeline
    12/13 Case Received
    1/17 Biometrics Done

Originally posted by eddy263 View Post
    So I filed my case in December for renewal of EAD I765 & I821D and have not received any updates other than Biometrics appointment on January 17. I've never had a problem renewing the EAD before yet this time it is taking way longer than before. My work permit is set to expire in May and my employer has already notified me of imminent termination unless I provide an updated valid document. I've reached out to USCIS via phone and have just been told to keep on waiting. Filled a case with Ombudsman but have not had a reply. Any other suggestions of who else I can contact? I work as a Paramedic in NYC for a large health system and it has taken a lot of hard work, dedication and sacrifice to obtain the position I have. My case number starts with IOE which is a first for me, if it makes a difference.

Timeline
    12/13 Case Received
    1/17 Biometrics Done
    My took a little more than 90 days to get approved. Yesterday the status changed to card being produced. My suggestion is for you to contact your local congressman and ask him to expedite your renewal. It should accelerate the case. I did that, and I don't know if it was coincidence but in 4 days, my status changes from "Received" to "Card being processed". I hope this helps you. Good luck!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X