Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it normal to have to renew work permit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it normal to have to renew work permit?

Our processing center is processing interviews from June of last year right now. My wife's work permit is set to expire in December. If we don't hear back by then we need to do the biometrics and work permit application all over again? And pay another $500? We're starting to wonder if this time thing isn't just a scam to get more money out of people.

Not sure why you think you have to pay. EADs and APs are free for AOS applicants; both initial and renewals are free.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Not sure why you think you have to pay. EADs and APs are free for AOS applicants; both initial and renewals are free.
      No, it's not free. Look up the i765 form. $485

Comment

Maybe you can post where on the USCIS website it says it's free because I can't find that.

- - - Updated - - -

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170502-180916.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	590630

Comment

Originally posted by acsmith1972 View Post
          Maybe you can post where on the USCIS website it says it's free because I can't find that.

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH]764[/ATTACH]
          Use this form to apply for lawful permanent resident status if you are in the United States.

Special Instructions

Please note that, if you file Form I-485 to adjust your status as a permanent resident on or after July 30, 2007, no additional fee is required to also file an application for employment authorization on Form I-765 and/or advance parole on Form I-131. You may file these forms together. If you choose instead to file Form I-765 and/or Form I-131 separately after July 30, 2007, you must also submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of that you filed a Form I-485.
          Also in the I-765 instructions

NOTE:
          If you filed Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, as of July 30, 2007, and you paid the Form I-485 filing fee, no fee is required to also file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the Form I-765 with your Form I-485, or you may submit the Form I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of Form I-485 as of July 30, 2007
          For renewal, see I-765 instructions

If this is a renewal application and you are applying under one of the following categories, a filing fee is not required:
          4. (c)(9) or (c)(16) Adjustment applicant who applied after July 30, 2007.
          Last edited by newacct; 05-02-2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Special Instructions

Also in the I-765 instructions

For renewal, see I-765 instructions
            Nowhere in there does it say work permit renewal are free.

Comment

Originally posted by acsmith1972 View Post
              Nowhere in there does it say work permit renewal are free.
              AOS-based EADs are category C9. Right there it says renewals are free. What part of "a filing fee is not required" do you not understand?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X