Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485, EAD I-765 time processing 235+ days

Hi all, just wanted to share my case so far:

I'm married to a LPR, I submitted my I-485 along with the I-765 (Category C09) on Oct last year

Received Date: October 04, 2017
    Notice Date: October 12, 2017

Notice for Biometrics Appointment: October 20, 2017
    Biometrics Taken: November 8, 2017

Since October my 765 case (with National Benefits Center) has been stuck in:

"Case Was Received
    On October 4, 2017, we received your Form I-765... "

--
    Since October my 485 case has been stuck in:

"Fingerprint Fee Was Received
    On October 11, 2017, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, ..."

According to USCIS website the processing times for I-765 is currently 4-6 months for family based, I am almost now 8 months (235 days) and still waiting for my EAD or any update, I've read the forums and there are several users saying they've been waiting for 200+ days, anyone has been stuck on "This case was received" or "Fingerprint was received" for so long? is it normal?

Thanks all, and good luck!

Hi, those processing dates are for adjusting when married to USC. For LPR you must wait for an immigrant visa to become available which could take much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by leah223 View Post
      Hi, those processing dates are for adjusting when married to USC. For LPR you must wait for an immigrant visa to become available which could take much longer.
      you can't file an Adjustment Of Status unless your visa is available.

- - - Updated - - -

i filed AOS, AP and EAD, on the same date as you, October 4th 2017, under C9 spouse of LPR too, today is the 243rd day and nothing yet, please keep me updated.

Comment

@Max23 have you tried putting in a service request?

Comment

Originally posted by leah223 View Post
          On Sept 2016 my I-130 was approved (F2A), my date became current (available I assume) on Oct. 2018 is that what you are referring to?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by bfree3 View Post
          @Max23 have you tried putting in a service request?
          @bfree3 I submitted an Out of Normal Processing Time via Phone last week, hope that helps in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Archi View Post
            you can't file an Adjustment Of Status unless your visa is available.

i filed AOS, AP and EAD, on the same date as you, October 4th 2017, under C9 spouse of LPR too, today is the 243rd day and nothing yet, please keep me updated.

@Sam Archi My I-130 F2A Application was approved on Sept. 2016 and my priority date became current on Oct 2018 is that what you mean by "unless your visa is available"?

And yes, we have the same date Oct 4 I will keep you posted, please do the same yourself
            Would you mind sharing what's the current state of your I-485 and I-765 on USCIS website? Are you getting a Case was received too?
            Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by max23 View Post
              @Sam Archi My I-130 F2A Application was approved on Sept. 2016 and my priority date became current on Oct 2018 is that what you mean by "unless your visa is available"?

And yes, we have the same date Oct 4 I will keep you posted, please do the same yourself
              Would you mind sharing what's the current state of your I-485 and I-765 on USCIS website? Are you getting a Case was received too?
              Thx.
              yes. a visa with your name was available for you on October 2017.
              i will keep you updated as well, right now my I-485 is stuck at finger print, and the other two are at case received October 4th.

Comment

Thx.
                hey,
                i was wondering if you have any updates, still nothing on my part after 256 days.

Comment

I'm at 263 days or 8.5 months for c(9) EAD and no online info available. Fingerprints done in end of September. Get a validation error when try to check case status, so I've been relying on calling the 1800 number. What you're experiencing is normal. Last week, one of the USCIS officers on level 2 told me to "blame the president" for long processing times, but she also appeared to be in a crappy mood.

Level 1 told me today that normal processing is about 5-6 months, more in certain locations (cali, NJ, NY).

Hi all, just wanted to share my case so far:

I'm married to a LPR, I submitted my I-485 along with the I-765 (Category C09) on Oct last year

Received Date: October 04, 2017
                  Notice Date: October 12, 2017

Notice for Biometrics Appointment: October 20, 2017
                  Biometrics Taken: November 8, 2017

Since October my 765 case (with National Benefits Center) has been stuck in:

"Case Was Received
                  On October 4, 2017, we received your Form I-765... "

--
                  Since October my 485 case has been stuck in:

"Fingerprint Fee Was Received
                  On October 11, 2017, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, ..."

According to USCIS website the processing times for I-765 is currently 4-6 months for family based, I am almost now 8 months (235 days) and still waiting for my EAD or any update, I've read the forums and there are several users saying they've been waiting for 200+ days, anyone has been stuck on "This case was received" or "Fingerprint was received" for so long? is it normal?

Thanks all, and good luck!

Comment

Nothing :S

Originally posted by Sam Archi View Post
                    hey,
                    i was wondering if you have any updates, still nothing on my part after 256 days.
                    It's been 2 weeks and haven't received any update nothing, NADA! :S it's very frustating...

Also my out of processing time request via phone has not been answered or anything.

I'll keep you updated too, Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bb8 View Post
                      I'm at 263 days or 8.5 months for c(9) EAD and no online info available. Fingerprints done in end of September. Get a validation error when try to check case status, so I've been relying on calling the 1800 number. What you're experiencing is normal. Last week, one of the USCIS officers on level 2 told me to "blame the president" for long processing times, but she also appeared to be in a crappy mood.

Level 1 told me today that normal processing is about 5-6 months, more in certain locations (cali, NJ, NY).
                      You need to contact your congressman or woman and see if they can assist you. USCIS seem to speed things up when politicians are involved.

Comment

Case denied

[QUOTE=max23;569226]@Sam Archi My I-130 F2A Application was approved on Sept. 2016 and my priority date became current on Oct 2018 is that what you mean by "unless your visa is available"?

Thx.[

MY APPLICATION WAS DENIED YESTERDAY (AFTER 265 DAYS OF WAITING), I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY, I'M WAITING FOR THEIR LETTER VIA MAIL.
                        GOOD LUCK FOR YOURS.

Comment

Keep your hopes Up!

I'm sorry to hear that @Sam Archi, but I hope you are able to solve whichever the issue was and will have your case approved soon 🙏

Did you expedite your case with congressman or a job offer? I still haven't received any update on my case, Thanks for updating me on your case.

[QUOTE=Sam Archi;572123]

Thx.[

MY APPLICATION WAS DENIED YESTERDAY (AFTER 265 DAYS OF WAITING), I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY, I'M WAITING FOR THEIR LETTER VIA MAIL.
                          GOOD LUCK FOR YOURS.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X