Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EAD Renewal, is it legal to work while EAD renewal in progress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD Renewal, is it legal to work while EAD renewal in progress?

Hi,

My wife's EAD is expiring on Aug-5-2018 on the same day as our current approved visa, our L1 and L2 visa extensions are in progress. We are planning to file for EAD renewal now.

i) Can my wife continue her work when the Visa extension & EAD Renewal are in process?
    ii) Is A18 Eligibility Category is applicable for Automatic EAD Extension option? If so if we apply for extension before current EAD expiration, can she work after Aug-5-2018 and before EAD Renewal approval?
    iii) If the employer doesn't have any concerns, can she work? Will there be any immigration issues?

Please clarify our doubts.

Thanks
    Som

Originally posted by vsomsundar View Post
    Hi,

My wife's EAD is expiring on Aug-5-2018 on the same day as our current approved visa, our L1 and L2 visa extensions are in progress. We are planning to file for EAD renewal now.

i) Can my wife continue her work when the Visa extension & EAD Renewal are in process?
    ii) Is A18 Eligibility Category is applicable for Automatic EAD Extension option? If so if we apply for extension before current EAD expiration, can she work after Aug-5-2018 and before EAD Renewal approval?
    iii) If the employer doesn't have any concerns, can she work? Will there be any immigration issues?

Please clarify our doubts.

Thanks
    Som
    no, she can't

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. Can you please clarify below question as well.

Is A18 Eligibility Category is applicable for Automatic EAD Extension option? If so if we apply for extension before current EAD expiration, can she work after Aug-5-2018 and before EAD Renewal approval?

Comment

Originally posted by vsomsundar View Post
        Thanks for the quick response. Can you please clarify below question as well.

Is A18 Eligibility Category is applicable for Automatic EAD Extension option? If so if we apply for extension before current EAD expiration, can she work after Aug-5-2018 and before EAD Renewal approval?
        Automatic EAD extension doesn't apply to that category, because that category is dependent on an underlying status (L2) that needs to be renewed.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X