U.S. Virgin Islands without Advance Parole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Virgin Islands without Advance Parole

Has anyone travelled to the U.S. Virgin Islands recently without advanced Parole?
    I found this on USCIS website:

1. Do I need advance parole if I am flying from the continental United States to Puerto Rico? What about Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, or the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands?
    No, advance parole would not be needed if you travel directly between parts of the United States, which includes Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Swains Island and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), without entering a foreign port or place.

2. I’m going on a cruise, do I need advance parole?

Maybe - it depends on where you are going on your cruise. As discussed in question one above, if you are traveling directly between two parts of the United States (e.g., between Florida and Puerto Rico), an advance parole will not be needed. If you will be traveling to other countries or non-U.S. territories, advance parole would be necessary.

These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

The above statements from USCIS says AP isn't needed but I would like to know the experiences of those that have been.
    I heard you would be stopped by custom and asked for your documents to proof lawful presence.
    Please share your experience if you have. What documents did you present if stopped by custom?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Joolsjules13; 11-09-2018, 10:31 AM.
    Aug 30th, 2018 -sent forms I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131
    Sept 4th- Case Received/ PD
    Sept 13th- Notifications received
    Sept 21st- notification for finger print
    Oct 4th-Finger print done
    Oct 10th -Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
    Jan 22nd (2019)- Interview was scheduled
    Feb 28th - Interview
    March 4th- card is being produced
    March 6th- case (I-765 & I-131) closed, benefit recived by other means)

Originally posted by Juliana Akor View Post
    Has anyone travelled to the U.S. Virgin Islands recently without advanced Parole?
    I found this on USCIS website:

1. Do I need advance parole if I am flying from the continental United States to Puerto Rico? What about Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, or the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands?
    No, advance parole would not be needed if you travel directly between parts of the United States, which includes Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Swains Island and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), without entering a foreign port or place.

2. I?m going on a cruise, do I need advance parole?

Maybe - it depends on where you are going on your cruise. As discussed in question one above, if you are traveling directly between two parts of the United States (e.g., between Florida and Puerto Rico), an advance parole will not be needed. If you will be traveling to other countries or non-U.S. territories, advance parole would be necessary.

These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

The above statements from USCIS says AP isn't needed but I would like to know the experiences of those that have been.
    I heard you would be stopped by custom and asked for your documents to proof lawful presence.
    Please share your experience if you have. What documents did you present if stopped by custom?
    Thanks
    I was told pre-AP AOS applicants should not to travel outside the continental US without an AP. From what I understand, you don't do custom going to Puerto Rico but you may have custom on your way back. I would think the US Virgin Island is the same. Perhaps someone else would have more info.
    (c)9 AOS| Filed I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765, I-864
    PD: 08/10/2018

Comment

Anyone have any experience with this? I wanna travel to Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands in December but I’m afraid that coming back I won’t be allowed entry without AP or Green Card.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X