Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Approaching outside of normal waiting time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Approaching outside of normal waiting time

    Hi everyone. I'm about to hit the 6-month waiting time for my EAD combo. It's my first renewal of this card, and my PD is July 30, 2018. It's being processed at NBC, where, according to the USCIS website, 4-6 months is now the normal processing time.

    1. Is anyone else in this position? What are you doing about it?
    2. Do you think there's an issue with renewals, or is this for every EAD?
    3. Has anyone had much luck when submitting an inquiry outside of the normal processing time?

    Thank you!
    Marriage-based AOS, Brooklyn field office
    8-30-17 I-130/I-485 received
    11-2-17 - I-485 RFE mailed
    11-9-17 - I-485/I-130 name updated
    11-21-17 - I-485 RFE received
    12-10-17 - 1st EAD card in hand
    3-16-18 - Interview ready to be scheduled
    7-30-18 -EAD/AP RENEWAL case received
    8-2-18 - EAD/AP fingerprint completed
    1-31-19 - Service request #1 for EAD/AP renewal
    2-20-19 - Interview scheduled for 3-28-19
    3-28-19 - Had interview!
    4-5-19 New card is being produced
    4-13-19 - Green card in hand

  • #2
    Originally posted by lvzw View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm about to hit the 6-month waiting time for my EAD combo. It's my first renewal of this card, and my PD is July 30, 2018. It's being processed at NBC, where, according to the USCIS website, 4-6 months is now the normal processing time.

    1. Is anyone else in this position? What are you doing about it?
    2. Do you think there's an issue with renewals, or is this for every EAD?
    3. Has anyone had much luck when submitting an inquiry outside of the normal processing time?

    Thank you!
    I dont think you should look at their processing time because i am on my 9th month going on to 10 and i just received my ead i submit multiple sr and none was answered i finally gave up until the other my status change to card in production. you should still go ahead and submit a sr when your cross the line.
    May 02, 18 - File all forms together
    May 02, 18 - Finger print fees received
    May 06, 18 - I-765 Return for missing signature and was mail back out same day
    May 11, 18 - I-765 Received
    May 18, 18 - RFIE
    May 29, 18 - Both finger print done
    June 5, 18 - RFIE Received
    Sep 21, 18 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
    Sep 21, 18 - Interview Was Scheduled
    Oct 31, 18 - Interview complete
    Jan 18, 19 - EAD New Card Is Being Produced
    Jan 25, 19 - EAD Received in hand

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by lvzw View Post
      Hi everyone. I'm about to hit the 6-month waiting time for my EAD combo. It's my first renewal of this card, and my PD is July 30, 2018. It's being processed at NBC, where, according to the USCIS website, 4-6 months is now the normal processing time.

      1. Is anyone else in this position? What are you doing about it?
      2. Do you think there's an issue with renewals, or is this for every EAD?
      3. Has anyone had much luck when submitting an inquiry outside of the normal processing time?

      Thank you!
      My pd is July 18 also NBC and no movements. My lawyer sent inquiry but no response yet.

      Comment


      • #4
        Which office? National Benefits Center?
        Marriage-based AOS, Brooklyn field office
        8-30-17 I-130/I-485 received
        11-2-17 - I-485 RFE mailed
        11-9-17 - I-485/I-130 name updated
        11-21-17 - I-485 RFE received
        12-10-17 - 1st EAD card in hand
        3-16-18 - Interview ready to be scheduled
        7-30-18 -EAD/AP RENEWAL case received
        8-2-18 - EAD/AP fingerprint completed
        1-31-19 - Service request #1 for EAD/AP renewal
        2-20-19 - Interview scheduled for 3-28-19
        3-28-19 - Had interview!
        4-5-19 New card is being produced
        4-13-19 - Green card in hand

        Comment


        • #5
          EAD renewal

          My pd is July 18 in NBC officeand no resoonce yet. My lawyer send inquiry so waiting for responce

          Comment


          • #6
            Submitted my renewal July 10th and received on 10th by NBC. Nothing till now and I also did my interview on 7th and nothing yet for that also.

            I don?t want to lose my job or house cause the wife does not make enough to support both of us. I have also involved my congresswoman and her office is been helpful thus far.

            I?ve come to understand that USCIS does not care cause I spoke to a level 2 officer about it that I can?t lose my house or job and her response and energy was disappointing.

            I hope it works out for us all

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lvzw View Post
              Hi everyone. I'm about to hit the 6-month waiting time for my EAD combo. It's my first renewal of this card, and my PD is July 30, 2018. It's being processed at NBC, where, according to the USCIS website, 4-6 months is now the normal processing time.

              1. Is anyone else in this position? What are you doing about it?
              2. Do you think there's an issue with renewals, or is this for every EAD?
              3. Has anyone had much luck when submitting an inquiry outside of the normal processing time?

              Thank you!
              I'm on my 15th month since I send out my Application i130 i485 i765, still no schedule for an interview and on my 5th month waiting since I reapplied my EAD Renewal, on September 12, 2018, still no renewed EAD card and my EAD got expired a month ago Jan 8, 2019

              Processing Timeline; Arizona Filer
              Nov 7 2017 send out
              Nov 13 2017 received receipts i130 i485 i765
              Dec 4 2017 received biometric schedule notice
              Dec 15 2017 Biometric screening USCIS office
              Jan 9 NOA Employment Authorization
              Jan 11 2018 received SS and EAD card
              Sep 12 2018 EAD renewal noticed
              Sep 26 i485 ready to schedule interview
              Oct 12 2018 EAD Notice of Action
              Dec 26 2018 applied AP
              Jan 8 2019 EAD expired and no Renewed EAD card receive,
              Feb 4 called USCIS to expedite my EAD Card due to Finacial Loss, me and my spouse are in the middle of buying a house, we are in escrow period and we cannot close the loan without the new EAD card, and we are at risk on losing the earnest deposit we put down to buy our house and the fees we paid for house inspection and house appraisal on the top of that then we are going to spend more money on extending our lease of our apartment because we can move soon to the new home we wanna own.
              Feb 7 I called our Congress Office to ask for help to expedite my EAD Card
              Feb 8 got an email from our Congress office and received Privacy Release Form, filled it out and gather all the supporting documents and went to Congress office and submitted all the docs in person! I hope they will approve my expedite request

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm in a similar boat. My I765 was submitted in July 2018 and it is way outside of normal processing time at NBC. Do you know how to contact your US congressman? I see the list of elected officials here https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials but don't know who I should contact.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by hungttrancd View Post
                  I'm in a similar boat. My I765 was submitted in July 2018 and it is way outside of normal processing time at NBC. Do you know how to contact your US congressman? I see the list of elected officials here https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials but don't know who I should contact.
                  You should be able to look up your congressperson using your zip code, then go to their website and find the information for "constituent services," or a similar phrase. I submitted a service request to USCIS on Feb 1, and am still waiting for a response and, of course, for the card. It's going to be 200 days of waiting in a few days!
                  Marriage-based AOS, Brooklyn field office
                  8-30-17 I-130/I-485 received
                  11-2-17 - I-485 RFE mailed
                  11-9-17 - I-485/I-130 name updated
                  11-21-17 - I-485 RFE received
                  12-10-17 - 1st EAD card in hand
                  3-16-18 - Interview ready to be scheduled
                  7-30-18 -EAD/AP RENEWAL case received
                  8-2-18 - EAD/AP fingerprint completed
                  1-31-19 - Service request #1 for EAD/AP renewal
                  2-20-19 - Interview scheduled for 3-28-19
                  3-28-19 - Had interview!
                  4-5-19 New card is being produced
                  4-13-19 - Green card in hand

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by michaeldelacruz09 View Post
                    I'm on my 15th month since I send out my Application i130 i485 i765, still no schedule for an interview and on my 5th month waiting since I reapplied my EAD Renewal, on September 12, 2018, still no renewed EAD card and my EAD got expired a month ago Jan 8, 2019

                    Processing Timeline; Arizona Filer
                    Nov 7 2017 send out
                    Nov 13 2017 received receipts i130 i485 i765
                    Dec 4 2017 received biometric schedule notice
                    Dec 15 2017 Biometric screening USCIS office
                    Jan 9 NOA Employment Authorization
                    Jan 11 2018 received SS and EAD card
                    Sep 12 2018 EAD renewal noticed
                    Sep 26 i485 ready to schedule interview
                    Oct 12 2018 EAD Notice of Action
                    Dec 26 2018 applied AP
                    Jan 8 2019 EAD expired and no Renewed EAD card receive,
                    Feb 4 called USCIS to expedite my EAD Card due to Finacial Loss, me and my spouse are in the middle of buying a house, we are in escrow period and we cannot close the loan without the new EAD card, and we are at risk on losing the earnest deposit we put down to buy our house and the fees we paid for house inspection and house appraisal on the top of that then we are going to spend more money on extending our lease of our apartment because we can move soon to the new home we wanna own.
                    Feb 7 I called our Congress Office to ask for help to expedite my EAD Card
                    Feb 8 got an email from our Congress office and received Privacy Release Form, filled it out and gather all the supporting documents and went to Congress office and submitted all the docs in person! I hope they will approve my expedite request
                    @michaeldelacruz09, can you renew your Driver license with expired EAD?
                    Wish you will get them real soon

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X