I submitted expedition request via congressmen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I submitted expedition request via congressmen

Following is my timeline. It seems that Immihelp forum profile signature allows only 500 characters, I can't write all details in signature.

Concurrent NIW, Texas center (SRC)
    Aug.31.18 = Receive Date
    Sep.21.18 = Priority Date
    Nov.21.18 = Biometrics notice to spouse
    Dec.07.18 = Spouse biometrics done
    Jan.10.19 = EAD expedition request to USCIS
    Jan.14.19 = EAD expedition request to USCIS is denied
    Jan.22.19 = Received Biometrics notice for me
    Jan.28.19 = Biometrics done for me
    Jan.29.19 = Fingerprint Review Was Completed
    Feb.07.19 = EAD expedition request to congressmen
    Feb.14.19 = Send expedition evidences to congressmen office

I will update whatever comes from this request in this thread.
    Aug.31.18 = Receive Date

When you requested a expedited process the first time, what reason did you claim and what documents did you use?

Also are you going through this whole process with an immigration lawyer or without one?

Comment

Originally posted by hopeful_pro View Post
      When you requested a expedited process the first time, what reason did you claim and what documents did you use?

Also are you going through this whole process with an immigration lawyer or without one?

You mean, my first expedition request to USCIS during January? I didn't even have a chance to submit any document letter, because they insta-denied my expedition request, saying that my case is with adjudicator and my case is under normal processing time. So I can't answer your question, if my evidences would worked during USCIS expedition process. According to my lawyer and other folks around here, it seems that USCIS does NOT consider personal financial crisis and temporal unemployment as a good reason for expedition, usually. This depends on which USCIS officer took the case.

I'm processing EB2 NIW, and as far as I know, many people work with lawyer during NIW, at least for I-140 process only.
      Aug.31.18 = Receive Date

Comment

I get a new notification, my case is approved

Aug.31.18 = Receive Date
        Feb.26.19 = New Card Is Being Produced message appeared (I-765)
        Feb.27.19 = Case Was Approved appeared (I-765)

It seems that finally my EAD card is approved. I'm not sure if it will be combo card or separate card of AP and EAD, because my I-131 status is still "Case is received" and nothing changed.
        Also, I'm not sure if it is related with my congressperson expedition, because I didn't receive any notice from congressperson office. But I guess expedition worked?

So, I recommend any people who are suffering from delayed EAD to expedite via congressperson or senator, especially if it is out of normal processing time.
        Aug.31.18 = Receive Date

Comment

Originally posted by exsonic01 View Post
          Aug.31.18 = Receive Date
          Feb.26.19 = New Card Is Being Produced message appeared (I-765)
          Feb.27.19 = Case Was Approved appeared (I-765)

It seems that finally my EAD card is approved. I'm not sure if it will be combo card or separate card of AP and EAD, because my I-131 status is still "Case is received" and nothing changed.
          Also, I'm not sure if it is related with my congressperson expedition, because I didn't receive any notice from congressperson office. But I guess expedition worked?

So, I recommend any people who are suffering from delayed EAD to expedite via congressperson or senator, especially if it is out of normal processing time.
          Congrats!
          I submitted an expedite request on 25 and send response today. What was the reason for your expedite ?
          F1 OPT to AOS

9/7/2018 PD
          10/3/2018 Biometric
          10/4/2018 we are processing the fingerprints for your Form I-765
          10/11/2018 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
          3/14/2019 New Card Is Being Produced
          3/15/2019 I-131 Case Was Approved
          3/21/2019 Card was received

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPHX View Post
            Congrats!
            I submitted an expedite request on 25 and send response today. What was the reason for your expedite ?
            Sorry for late response, I used "Personal financial crisis + losing employment due to absence of EAD + out of normal processing time"
            I prepared several documents for each of the reasons.
            For personal financial crisis, I prepared rent, insurance payment, my paystub and etc.
            For losing employment, I prepared my appointment letter and signed letter from my boss that they can't hold my position if my absence from the position become too long, due to absence of EAD.
            For processing time, I prepared the screenshot of SRC (Texas Center) processing time for I-765 and my I-797C receipt notice, that my case is out of normal time.

I also prepared a letter, which briefly explains about 3 reasons to justify my expedition request.
            Aug.31.18 = Receive Date

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Was is combo card ? or just EAD?
              F1 OPT to AOS

9/7/2018 PD
              10/3/2018 Biometric

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Was is combo card ? or just EAD?
                It was COMBO card.

I-131 "Case was approved" notification appeared later, after they send the card to me. I think they forget to update my I-131 in both USCIS case status and USCIS my account. I heard that this late update frequently happens.
                Aug.31.18 = Receive Date

Comment

Congrats!
                  I'm a November applicant and couldn't wait for my EAD to come through its sweet time (San Jose).

I applied for an expedite through USCIS on March 2nd and faxed supporting documents (mine and my spouse's monthly bills and savings, loans) and a cover letter explaining I'm at a financial loss with a pending job offer (sent out the offer letter too). On the second day, I got an email saying an officer is reviewing it and there is no way to push USCIS by yourself. So, I emailed Ombudsman and filled out the 7001 form requesting USCIS to consider my case asap- sent them the same documents as well. The very next day I contacted my local congresswoman and emailed the same documents to them too.
                  I finally got the new card is being produced status for my case, this morning. I believe the congresswoman's support and ombudsman helped push this request.

Comment

Originally posted by frustrated_duck View Post
                    Congrats!
                    I'm a November applicant and couldn't wait for my EAD to come through its sweet time (San Jose).

I applied for an expedite through USCIS on March 2nd and faxed supporting documents (mine and my spouse's monthly bills and savings, loans) and a cover letter explaining I'm at a financial loss with a pending job offer (sent out the offer letter too). On the second day, I got an email saying an officer is reviewing it and there is no way to push USCIS by yourself. So, I emailed Ombudsman and filled out the 7001 form requesting USCIS to consider my case asap- sent them the same documents as well. The very next day I contacted my local congresswoman and emailed the same documents to them too.
                    I finally got the new card is being produced status for my case, this morning. I believe the congresswoman's support and ombudsman helped push this request.
                    Hi,

I did an expedite request on Feb 25 and received letter to fax the proof on Feb 28, I kept calling and asking to see if they received them or not. On march 8 I called and spoke to L2 officer and he said he will put a request for them to see if they received my proof or not. On march 11 they sent me a letter saying they have received my evidence and will send me a decision or notice of action shortly. March 14 Got an update New card being produce. I recommend that you call and ask for L2 officer and have him confirm if they received your evidences or not, if not ask him to put request to see if they received or not.
                    Good luck
                    F1 OPT to AOS

9/7/2018 PD
                    10/3/2018 Biometric

Comment

Hi,

I did an expedite request on Feb 25 and received letter to fax the proof on Feb 28, I kept calling and asking to see if they received them or not. On march 8 I called and spoke to L2 officer and he said he will put a request for them to see if they received my proof or not. On march 11 they sent me a letter saying they have received my evidence and will send me a decision or notice of action shortly. March 14 Got an update New card being produce. I recommend that you call and ask for L2 officer and have him confirm if they received your evidences or not, if not ask him to put request to see if they received or not.
                      Good luck
                      Did you get your card yet?

Comment

I think ArizonaPHX will receive the card this Friday/Saturday. My guess is that the tracking number will be ready today/tomorrow.
                        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                        Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                        ---
                        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
                          I think ArizonaPHX will receive the card this Friday/Saturday. My guess is that the tracking number will be ready today/tomorrow.
                          Actually I received the tracking number today and it should arrive on Friday
                          F1 OPT to AOS

9/7/2018 PD
                          10/3/2018 Biometric

Comment

My timeline for expediting (Applied on Nov 11th, '18)

March 2nd, 2018 - Request Expedite to USCIS
                            5th- faxed documents supporting my financial loss category.
                            6th- emailed ombudsman to find out if USCIS got my docs
                            7th- USCIS confirms received docs.
                            8th- status changes to your request for the case to be expedited was completed
                            11th- reach out to the congresswoman also reach out ombudsman to help expedite the case.
                            12th- emailed congresswoman and ombudsman the same supporting documents
                            19th- New card is ordered
                            25th- got the card in the mail

Comment

Originally posted by frustrated_duck View Post
                              My timeline for expediting (Applied on Nov 11th, '18)

March 2nd, 2018 - Request Expedite to USCIS
                              5th- faxed documents supporting my financial loss category.
                              6th- emailed ombudsman to find out if USCIS got my docs
                              7th- USCIS confirms received docs.
                              8th- status changes to your request for the case to be expedited was completed
                              11th- reach out to the congresswoman also reach out ombudsman to help expedite the case.
                              12th- emailed congresswoman and ombudsman the same supporting documents
                              19th- New card is ordered
                              25th- got the card in the mail
                              frustrated_duck - Congrats, thats good. May I please know what document you sent for expedition ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X