I-864 Affidavit of Support/NEED ADVICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 Affidavit of Support/NEED ADVICE

My husband has a disability and is on a fixed income. At this time, I'm his dependent and he is not eligible for affidavit of support I-864 (less $10,000/year - under poverty income guidelines). We're living in a motorhome (no house), don't have any investments or assets besides our monthly fixed income. There are no relatives, no friends, no churches, no charities that can help (we've already tried and asked a lot).

1. Our lawyer will not submit my AOS I-485 package until I'll find an affidavit of support I-864 (financial sponsor). Is there a way that I can get at least my work authorization EAD(without I-864), so that I can go work and earn money for us?
    2. By other resources, I've got told to submit the I-485 package without Affidavit of Support I-864 anyways and to worry about the I-864 later for the AOS interview. But, on the other hand I've got told that with submitting it without
    I-864, I might get denied and still not receive my EAD work authorization. And I might run the risk to get the I-485 denied and will be deported.

Our lawyer told us there is nothing we can do, but having an affidavit of support first in order to get the EAD. We just cannot find anybody to be my affidavit of support. What shall I do in order to get the work authorization?

We are in a pickle. Financially, we cannot afford to wait until I find an affidavit of support in order to get my work authorization and to be able to work (that might take months to find somebody to be my affidavit of support).

I would greatly appreciate any advice or assistance. Thanks, Orela.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X