Wife has EAD - waiting for AP - wants to go now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife has EAD - waiting for AP - wants to go now

My wife, In Adjustment of Status, (I'm a US Citizen) has her valid EAD and wants to visit family in Mexico. We went for the AP and they told her she should expect it in 60 days (2 wks ago) (LA Immig).

We have the receipt for the I-131 and of course my wife's visa expired and we are 2 years from getting the Green Card. Is she stuck waiting for the AP before she can go to Mexico by car? Thanks!

Yes, she needs AP before she can enter US.

If she is going to stay for long, you can mail her AP and she can use that while entering back.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

AP Reply

Thanks for that - Has anyone been let down by the system in waiting for an AP that didn't come in the time that it was promised?

Comment

Of course!

You can easily feel "let down" as The System is very impersonal. Advance Parole means just that!

I advise you (wife) **DO NOT** leave the shores of this country unless you get the AP.

Incidently, I personally know someone who has done so and was DENIED ENTRY into the US as he did not have advance parole. Good for him, now he is buying Hotels and Benzes and more in Europe! This country will miss him.

But you watch out on this issue!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X