Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expedited my EAD and still waiting for response

i lived in NYC. and Marriage on October 2018
    i called to uscis to speed up my EAD. after my case was recived.
    then they send me email to send them fax supporting documentation.
    i fax to uscis about evidence 2 week ago still no response or no email from uscis.
    what should i do ???

this is my time line

I-485 12/11/2018 fingerprint was received
    I-131 12/5/2018 was recieved
    I-765 1/17/2018 was recieved

It's hard because the whole process is slow. You can try to call USCIS or contact your congressman to expedite this.
    However, my recommendation is to wait and try to detach yourself from the process. I know is hard but it can make you go crazy.
    EB2 - National Benefits Center (I-485/I-765/I-131)
    - Priority Date: 10/19/2018
    - Biometrics NOA: 11/09/2018
    - Biometrics Appt: 11/26/2018
    - Fingerprint Review Completed: 11/28/2018 and again on 12/05/2018
    - Combo card (I-765/I-131) approved: 05/03/2019
    - Combo card (I-765/I-131) received: 05/10/2019
    - Interview Notice: 10/03/2019
    - Case Approved: 10/04/2019
    - Card in hand: 10/10/2019
    (374 days of DOL/I-140 and 356 days of AOS = 730 days of Green Card Process)

Comment

i will try to call them

Comment

Originally posted by janeny View Post
        i lived in NYC. and Marriage on October 2018
        i called to uscis to speed up my EAD. after my case was recived.
        then they send me email to send them fax supporting documentation.
        i fax to uscis about evidence 2 week ago still no response or no email from uscis.
        what should i do ???

this is my time line

I-485 12/11/2018 fingerprint was received
        I-131 12/5/2018 was recieved
        I-765 1/17/2018 was recieved

I got my EAD card expedited in 2.5 weeks after requesting it. After expediting through USCIS, I also asked my local congresswoman representative and Ombudsman for support. I don't know with who's help I got i approved but it's a good approach to contact the other two. Don't wait it out if it is an absolute emergency. For me it was hence I went all out. Good luck!

Comment

and when you sent them fax. did they email or response back to you?
          and you have any idea with local congressman in NYC?

Comment

Originally posted by frustrated_duck View Post

I got my EAD card expedited in 2.5 weeks after requesting it. After expediting through USCIS, I also asked my local congresswoman representative and Ombudsman for support. I don't know with who's help I got i approved but it's a good approach to contact the other two. Don't wait it out if it is an absolute emergency. For me it was hence I went all out. Good luck!
            May I ask on which basis you got your EAD expedited? I'd like to ask for an expedite b/c I've been with my employer through OPT and STEM OPT and they don't want to lose me as they trained me up from an intern to a senior member of the team. But I'm afraid with processing times so slow - I might need to be laid off due to EAD not arriving before OPT expires.

Comment

Originally posted by emanuser View Post

May I ask on which basis you got your EAD expedited? I'd like to ask for an expedite b/c I've been with my employer through OPT and STEM OPT and they don't want to lose me as they trained me up from an intern to a senior member of the team. But I'm afraid with processing times so slow - I might need to be laid off due to EAD not arriving before OPT expires.
              Check out this link https://www.nafsa.org/Professional_R...xtension_Rule/
              You will continue to work for 180 days after expiring on your STEM OPT.
              Mine was STEM OPT EAD and that expired but my employers didn't tell me about the 180 day extension and I was let gone- I learned much later that I had a chance to work for 180 days longer. So I freshly applied for my marriage based GC- EAD and got it expedited under the severe financial loss to a person or company category and I finally got the card in less than 3 weeks after expedite request.
              Better talk to you HR and ask if they are planning on keeping you for those 180 extended days.
              Good luck!

Comment

Check out this link https://www.nafsa.org/Professional_R...xtension_Rule/
                You will continue to work for 180 days after expiring on your STEM OPT.
                Mine was STEM OPT EAD and that expired but my employers didn't tell me about the 180 day extension and I was let gone- I learned much later that I had a chance to work for 180 days longer. So I freshly applied for my marriage based GC- EAD and got it expedited under the severe financial loss to a person or company category and I finally got the card in less than 3 weeks after expedite request.
                Better talk to you HR and ask if they are planning on keeping you for those 180 extended days.
                Good luck!
                Thank you for the info - I appreciate it. I don't think I qualify. I believe this is for when you're on OPT and you're waiting for your STEM OPT to be approved. However, I'm already on STEM OPT and I'm waiting for my EAD based on AOS. My employer does want to keep me and they ask me about the new visa all the time but I explained that we don't know how long this will take.

Comment

Originally posted by emanuser View Post

Thank you for the info - I appreciate it. I don't think I qualify. I believe this is for when you're on OPT and you're waiting for your STEM OPT to be approved. However, I'm already on STEM OPT and I'm waiting for my EAD based on AOS. My employer does want to keep me and they ask me about the new visa all the time but I explained that we don't know how long this will take.
                  I see. Are they applying H1B for you? If not, you can apply it by yourself (which costs money for you) as long as the company vouches for you.

Comment

I see. Are they applying H1B for you? If not, you can apply it by yourself (which costs money for you) as long as the company vouches for you.
                    I'm applying for AOS based on marriage to a USC so they don't need to sponsor me. Just need to be patient and hope the timing works out for us

Comment

Originally posted by janeny View Post
                      and when you sent them fax. did they email or response back to you?
                      and you have any idea with local congressman in NYC?
                      I didn't get any notification from USCIS so I contacted Ombudsman for support. After 2 days I got an email from USCIS stating they received my documents. Find your local congressman/woman here https://www.house.gov/htbin/findrep?...OUR+REP+BY+ZIP

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X