Is 5.5 month normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 5.5 month normal?

Hi, I submitted i/485 together with I-131 and I-765 for me (primary applicant NIW petition approved) and my wife. Priority date on Nov 1st. As of today, April 10th, we still haven

For some service centers more than 5.5 months is normal. On some centers most people have to wait 7 months.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

It is normal.

Comment

I am in the same situation,, NOAs date Nov 15th, so I guess the waiting time is normal. Let's keep each other update on the respective process evolutions

Comment

HI, my application is with the national benefit center and I still haven't received the combo card. My wife needs to go to Italy on May 24th and I guess we will have to travel under H visa and renew it once in Italy since it expires on May 20th.

Comment

Originally posted by Peckheim View Post
            HI, my application is with the national benefit center and I still haven't received the combo card. My wife needs to go to Italy on May 24th and I guess we will have to travel under H visa and renew it once in Italy since it expires on May 20th.
            You are pushing your luck there, also they will consider your AP application abandonned, actually you may want to look into the 485 app as well.
            Perhaps its best to reach out to your congressman/senator (there are many posts about this already) and see if you can get them to expedite your application.
            This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
            122017 - PD
            012518 - Biometrics
            033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
            062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
            082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
            090418 - 2nd we scheduled
            091018 - first interview canceled
            092118 - Request to reschedule int
            102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
            030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand
            040219 - We canceled your int
            040519 - Int sched
            051419 - Interview
            053119 - approved

Comment

Thanks boogiewoogie for your advice. BUT lawyers told me that H visa is one of the few exceptions that allows to travel while AOS is pending even without AP. The only tricky part in my wife's case is that our visa expires so she will need to renew it in Italy to return under H visa. A consequence of travelling could be still that the AP is denied.

Comment

The "issue" here is that the H visa is expiring and you need to renew it. I don't know if that will create some sort of "lapse" that will give them something to question your application.

If you visa were valid for a few months and you travel and come back with it, there is no problem. Again, I don't know if your case is any different for that.

I guess H visa has dual intent and most likely you will not have any issues. Good luck.
                Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                ---
                All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

you are right about the dual intent. Yes there might be a "lapse" but I will consult again with a lawyer to make sure it is not a problem. Will post here once I know more so other people can benefit from this info,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X