Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD with outside of normal processing time

Hello,
    I would like to provide feedback from my recent experience on EAD with outside of normal processing time. My husband and I had to call everyday after we have submitted an expedited request. We have been asking to speak with Tear2/escalation officer. Last week we spoke to tear2 who was very helpful. He was contacting the national benefit office while I was on the phone with him to inquire about my husband’s case. One week later after continuing calling everyday we were told the EAD approval notice has been sent. One thing I learned that you have to call multiple times and try to get to someone who is really willing to help you. The second thing, updates online are delayed by few days. Really was loosing hope here with the process and happy that after so many tries it finally happened.

Originally posted by Rodetofreedom View Post
    Hello,
    I would like to provide feedback from my recent experience on EAD with outside of normal processing time. My husband and I had to call everyday after we have submitted an expedited request. We have been asking to speak with Tear2/escalation officer. Last week we spoke to tear2 who was very helpful. He was contacting the national benefit office while I was on the phone with him to inquire about my husband’s case. One week later after continuing calling everyday we were told the EAD approval notice has been sent. One thing I learned that you have to call multiple times and try to get to someone who is really willing to help you. The second thing, updates online are delayed by few days. Really was loosing hope here with the process and happy that after so many tries it finally happened.
    Thanks for sharing!!!!
    will try this and see if it works!

The processing time went back 1.5 mths - which sucks!
    ---
    Located in: NYC
    Oct 26 2018: Filed
    Nov 7 2018: Recved invoice
    Nov 9 2018: Notice of biometrics appt
    Nov 30 2018: Biometrics appt
    Mar 13 2019: Case ready to scheduled for an interview
    Jun 5 2019: Request for case to be expedited (based on job offer)
    Jun 10 2019: New card is being produced (i765)
    Jun 11 2019: Case was approved (i765)
    Jun 12 2019: Card was mailed (i765)
    Jun 15 2019: SSN received
    Jun 17 2019: EAD received
    Dec 11 2019: Case is scheduled for an interview (i485)
    ---

Comment

Originally posted by Rodetofreedom View Post
      Hello,

Hi, thank you for sharing that experience with your husband, it is appreciate it. May I ask, how long did you have to wait since you submitted the EAD forms etc? I'm asking because im a newbie with this whole process.

Thank youuu!!!

Comment

Hi,

The whole thing took 9 months. We’ve re-applied on 8/24/2018 for expiration of EAD on 10/15/2018. My husband received EAD extension notice on 10/22/2018 for 180 days which expired on 4/15/2019. We’ve submitted first request for outside of normal processing time on 3/28/2019 which did not go anywhere. After calling everyday one of the representatives on the phone suggested if we would like for him to submit an expedited request since the normal request was not processed yet. That happened on 5/1/2019 and we were told it would take about 4 days for it to be processed. During the expedited request call a representative took our e-mail address incorrectly which caused inconvenience because we were not getting communication regarding expedited request and we had to call for that reason everyday to find out if there is news on expedited request. We found out randomly the e-mail was incorrect after we were confirming on the phone if our contact information is correct for expedited request. And we were told they can’t change contact information in their system for expedited request. So on 5/3/2019 Tear2/ escalation officer read communication to us that they wanted additional information for financial loss. He gave us the fax number and Attention to. The one thing I was worried about that we had to attach that e-mail communication from USCIS which detailed what additional information has been requested which we did not have. However we faxed requested documents without that e-mail on 5/5/2019. We called on 5/6/2019 to confirm if they got what they needed. We were told now it went for review. After calling everyday since 5/6/2019, on 5/17/2019 I got to talk with Tear2 who was calling national benefit office and he told me please wait one week and you will get some news. On 5/24/2019 during our routine call to USCIS we were told approval notice has been sent on 5/22/2019. On 5/25/2019 we received approval notice for EAD in mail. Online there was an update on 5/24/2019 that the card has been approved on 5/22/2019 and has been sent on 5/24/2019 so I am hoping it will come on Wednesday next week. Very painful process!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X