• Show
Clear All

• NBC Filers - Expedition request sent

PD: 2/1/19
    Marriage Based
    Fingerprint review: 2/28/19
    Expedition request: 5/22/19
    Name Updated: 5/28/19

Hello all, I sent an expedition request on 5/22/19 and I have not heard back from them. I saw another post that had the same expedition request date and they heard back yesterday, however now it shows my name was updated on 5/28/19. Any one in a similar position?? I am filing from Oakland Park, FL

My receipt date is 10/19/2018. I requested to expedite my case on 2/13/2019, I never heard back from them. I've been following up the past three months, I even asked Senator's office to help me pushing, but USCIS can't give an estimated time or any update.

Comment

how did you submit expedite request ? Congressman or over the phone to customer service ?

Comment

Originally posted by eadtracker7 View Post
        how did you submit expedite request ? Congressman or over the phone to customer service ?
        call uscis, they will talk you through it
        This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
        122017 - PD
        012518 - Biometrics
        033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
        062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
        082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
        090418 - 2nd we scheduled
        091018 - first interview canceled
        092118 - Request to reschedule int
        102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
        030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand
        040219 - We canceled your int
        040519 - Int sched
        051419 - Interview
        053119 - approved

Comment

Hi there,

I recently just request USCIS to expedite my case. Here's my time line and how I did it.

AOS (C09) 485/130/131/765

03/05/19 - Priority Date
          03/07/19 - Case received by USCIS
          03/13/19 - Check cashed
          03/20/19 - NOA received for I-765, I-485, I-130, I-131
          04/03/19 - Biometrics
          04/10/19 - I-485 Ready to be scheduled for an Interview

I called USCIS at 800-375-5283, press 1, then 2 and 2. I got in touch with a rep within 20 mins of waiting. I told him my case status for I-485 has changed and I have completed the biometrics, but I-765 remains the same. I explained to him that my EAD is expiring soon, which is next month and my employer will terminate me by the end of this month, that event will put me in a severe financial loss. He wrote it down and mentioned that my background check is completed and that I shouldn't have a problem expediting my case (not sure why they haven't updated it on the website cos it still says 'case received'). Then he told me an officer will reach out to me in 72 hours and if I don't hear anything from them by call or e-mail, I should call the number again to follow up.

Next, I called my local congressman and faxed them the privacy release form, case work authorization along with other supporting documents (NOA receipts, letter from my employer, cover letter to the USCIS). I'm planning to follow up in three days.

I'll update once I get some news from any of them!

Comment

peepsquik was there any update on Expedite request ?

Comment

Hi Guys!

I did concurrent filing for EB2/NIW, 485/131/765

01/04/19 - Priority Date
              02/11/19 - Biometrics done
              02/13/19 - Finger prints review is completed and this was the last update on my 765

05/21/19- I requested our Congressman's office to expedite my EAD application, as I need it before July 1st (Based on job offer and financial losses)
              06/10/19- Congressman's office called me and said my case will be routed to expedited processing but they didn't give a time frame because USCIS is dealing with a lot of Humanitarian cases. (the usual cliche')
              06/12/19- I called USCIS and requested expedited processing as they told me there is nothing on their system saying that I had an expedited processing request through Congressman's office.
              Anyway they gave a confirmation number and said as peepsquik said that they should contact me in the coming few days.

I trust this Congressman because his office helped a lot of my friends and I know that calling USCIS will not have any negative impact on my case but ever since I contacted the Congressman's office, weird things are happening and I don't know whether it is just a coincidence or based on my A-number they saw all the pending cases that I have with USCIS:

06/06/19 - my I-140 was transferred to another office (still pending)
              06/12/19 - my I-485 was also transferred to another office!!! (I know they will not schedule an interview until my i-140 is accepted.

But nothing yet on the i-765, should I be worried?

Thanks for your input!

Comment

Case: EB2 NIW from The Netherlands
                Priority Date for i-140: 08/15/2018
                I-140 approved: 04/15/2019
                Receipt date I-485, I_765, I-131: 04/15/2019
                Biometrics done: 05/20/2019

Haven't heard anything back yet. Waiting for my EAD no word yet. I am a teacher so I am currently without work or pay since the start of June and I won't start school again till August.Could really use that work authorization so I can work summer school somewhere else. I also desperately need to go back to the Netherlands because of some work and of course to visit family.

Because the online case status doesn't show any change I called USCIS and they have no updates for me so far.
                They said that the Nebraska office is currently processing January 2019 cases and they don't know how fast/slow they process cases.

Any advice on what to do? I am thinking about expediting my case.

Thank for posting your experiences.

Comment

Hey guys, sorry I never responded. Look at my recent post where I shared all the details

Comment

Originally posted by eadtracker7 View Post
                    Over the phone. I wouldn't go through the congressman since USCIS allows you to do it yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Adool82 View Post
                      Hi Guys!

I did concurrent filing for EB2/NIW, 485/131/765

01/04/19 - Priority Date
                      02/11/19 - Biometrics done
                      02/13/19 - Finger prints review is completed and this was the last update on my 765

05/21/19- I requested our Congressman's office to expedite my EAD application, as I need it before July 1st (Based on job offer and financial losses)
                      06/10/19- Congressman's office called me and said my case will be routed to expedited processing but they didn't give a time frame because USCIS is dealing with a lot of Humanitarian cases. (the usual cliche')
                      06/12/19- I called USCIS and requested expedited processing as they told me there is nothing on their system saying that I had an expedited processing request through Congressman's office.
                      Anyway they gave a confirmation number and said as peepsquik said that they should contact me in the coming few days.

I trust this Congressman because his office helped a lot of my friends and I know that calling USCIS will not have any negative impact on my case but ever since I contacted the Congressman's office, weird things are happening and I don't know whether it is just a coincidence or based on my A-number they saw all the pending cases that I have with USCIS:

06/06/19 - my I-140 was transferred to another office (still pending)
                      06/12/19 - my I-485 was also transferred to another office!!! (I know they will not schedule an interview until my i-140 is accepted.

But nothing yet on the i-765, should I be worried?

Thanks for your input!

There is NO negative impact on calling USCIS. I saw a lot of people posting that they went to their congressman for the expedition request and then USCSIS doesn't have anything showing. I personally suggest in submitting the request yourself over the phone. Mine just got approved.

Also, where was your case sent to? If you got the National Benefit Center, after they approved your I-485 they transfer it to your field office for the interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchTeacher View Post
                        Case: EB2 NIW from The Netherlands
                        Priority Date for i-140: 08/15/2018
                        I-140 approved: 04/15/2019
                        Receipt date I-485, I_765, I-131: 04/15/2019
                        Biometrics done: 05/20/2019

Haven't heard anything back yet. Waiting for my EAD no word yet. I am a teacher so I am currently without work or pay since the start of June and I won't start school again till August.Could really use that work authorization so I can work summer school somewhere else. I also desperately need to go back to the Netherlands because of some work and of course to visit family.

Because the online case status doesn't show any change I called USCIS and they have no updates for me so far.
                        They said that the Nebraska office is currently processing January 2019 cases and they don't know how fast/slow they process cases.

Any advice on what to do? I am thinking about expediting my case.

Thank for posting your experiences.

I would submit the expedition request. You will have to send evidence as to why you should qualify for it. Such as severe financial loss, emergency situation, humanitarian reasons.
                        Also, be aware that you cannot travel with an EAD. You need to request advance parole.

Comment

Originally posted by vgomes View Post

There is NO negative impact on calling USCIS. I saw a lot of people posting that they went to their congressman for the expedition request and then USCSIS doesn't have anything showing. I personally suggest in submitting the request yourself over the phone. Mine just got approved.

Also, where was your case sent to? If you got the National Benefit Center, after they approved your I-485 they transfer it to your field office for the interviews.
                          Thank you! Thank God Mine just got accepted yesterday! Literally a week after I called!
                          My NIW is still pending so does the i-485but according to the news a few days ago, USCIS said they are redistributing cases to balance out the load, so that’s the reason probably.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X