Any DC filers? April 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any DC filers? April 2019

Waiting for EAD and getting impatient. Any recommendations to have it expedited??? It's been 5 months since the application and I really need to start working but can't prove financial hardship and don't have any job offers because I've been told not to apply.

City: Washington DC
    Marriage Based AOS (I-485)
    Service Center: NBC
    04/23/2019 PD
    05/03/2019 Bio Notice
    05/20/2019 Bio Complete
    05/21/2019 Bio review done
    08/21/2019 Case Ready to be Scheduled for interview

Not a straight DC filer, but I live in Maryland. PD is 04/03 with NBC (c09) and I have nothing yet. Fingerprints done on 04/30 but EAD status hasn't changed since 05/01 (Fingerprint review complete)
    ​​​​
    No idea about expedite. I am in the same boat as you. I had a job offer and I wanted to expedite through my congressman (Mr. Raskin, MD district 9 I think).
    Was told not to since the expedite requirements were tightened in June. So unless you're literally dying without a job it's pretty hopeless.
    It's crazy how long they take and it really messes with my head and mental health.
    Got another job lined up and I am pretty lucky as they seem to be able to keep the position open, but I want to start as soon as possible of course.

Nothing is keeping you from applying for a job though. You're simply not allowed to start working. Given that you are almost always asked about work authorization in the applications you'll have to lie about that part. Which is not good I guess.

Welp anyway, hope we're seeing some progress soon.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. We're in the same boat. I was told the requirements were hardened too and that it's extremely difficult for them to expedite.

The metal health toll is the truth. It's taking a lot to keep it together.

Thanks for the info and all the best!

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you Jadesky, but based in MD. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X