Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to work in home country while waiting for EAD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to work in home country while waiting for EAD?

We will be consulting our lawyers on this topic, but I thought I would float this question here in case anyone was familiar with this issue: my husband is on an L1 from his current job, but we applied for the marriage based green card a year ago. He still hasn’t been granted the EAD. Meanwhile, about 6 months ago, he got a job offer from another employer. It is his dream job and would allow us to move close to my family. The new employer has been waiting patiently, but we are afraid he will lose the job offer if this drags on much longer. Here’s the question: is there any way he could quit his current job (so no more L1), keep the greens card application going, and work from his home country (the new employer has an office there) until the EAD comes through? I know this is a niche scenario, but I thought others might have wanted the opportunity to work from their home country while waiting (and waiting, and waiting) to be able to legally work here. Thank you for any thoughts you might have!

Almost all people waiting for AOS need to have form I-131 (Advance Parole) approved and in hand before traveling abroad, if not the application will be abandoned and will need to start again from home country as consular application.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X