EAD renewal based on I 485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD renewal based on I 485

I have filled my EAD renewal based on I 485 on May 13 2019 (NBC)still not getting anything and the status says, just received your case on May 13, 2019.I am worried I am going to lose my employment.Is anybody has any idea about how long it will take.

We sent 2 renewals for my dependents (they were approved at the same time back in March 2019). We decided to wait within 120 days from EAD expiration date to get a combo card again (I have read that some people only got the EAD without AP if requested more than 120 days before renewal).

We sent the renewal to the Texas service center. Here is the timeline for both:
    - they received the package on November 21
    - around a week later (November 27) we received the text messages and I-765 showed "fingerprint review" status
    - December 4 both I-131 status was updated to the fingerprints legend
    - December 13 card is being produced for Child application and no news for Parent
    - December 16 case approved for Child application (also I-131) and no new for Parent
    - December 20 card was delivered, a combo card for Child that now expires on December 2021, no news for parent

We don't understand why they approved the Child's card so fast and why they didn't the Parent. Don't know when they will approve the Parent's EAD. Still, a few months until expiration and the receipt could extend the EAD but not the AP for 180 days.

For your case, today I-765 on NBC says it takes 5-7 months and any case before June 01, 2019, can do an inquiry about their case. Have you done an inquiry yet? I hope you get your card soon.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

I sent my EAD renewal on November 7, 2019. Until today I haven’t received a receipt notice. What’s wrong with USCIS? The center is at VSC. Anyone in similar situation?

Comment

Hello Sharma// joseph10 Enub4 - My Husband's EAD is about to expire in 6 months, could you please tell what documents are needed to submit to USCIS for the renwal of AOS based I-765 EAD ?

Thank you

Comment

I can't find the checklist I used, but from memory:
          • G-1145
          • I-765
          • 2 photographs
          • copy of pending I-485 receipt
          • copy of previous I-765 approval
          • copy of combo card front/back on the same side of the page
          • copy of the receipt with bar codes from original combo card delivery
          Same for I-131 (just replace I-765 for I-131 above)

Some people also send:
          • copy of driver license
          • copy of passport
          • copy of latest I-94
          I think I didn't send any of those.
          Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
          Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
          Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
          ---
          All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X