I-131 renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-131 renewal

I have applied for AP(I-131) alone on August 5th,2019 and application is still with USCIS under review. My EAD is getting expired July 11th,2020.
    Can I apply for Combo card before I-131 is approved? or Do I need to wait for Approval?
    Appreciate your inputs?

A combo card is an EAD and an AP, so to apply for a combo card you would need to file I-765 and I-131 at the same time. So are you proposing to file a second I-131 while the first one is still pending? That seems unnecessary. Why don't you just apply for an EAD since you already have a pending AP application? The EAD and AP will be separate, not a combo card, but why does that matter?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Combo card gives 2 years of AP, where as Separate filing of I-131 gives only 1 years of AP.

Comment

Originally posted by samineni2000 View Post
        Combo card gives 2 years of AP, where as Separate filing of I-131 gives only 1 years of AP.
        Where does it say the combo card gives 2 years of AP? We got ours in September 2019 and it says it expires Aug 26, 2020. I assumed I would have to file for a renewal of our EAD and AP soon.
        Family based, i130, i131, i765, i485
        Filed March 12 (pd date), NBC
        NOA’s received March 18, checks cashed
        Biometrics done early April
        Case Status: Case Received, Fingerprint fee accepted
        Lawyer raised SR Aug 10 for out of processing time
        Aug 15 husband spoke to congressman’s office to expedite due to financial hardship
        Aug 28 EAD approved, new card in production
        Sept 3 Card picked up by USPS, tracking number received
        Sept 5 Combo Card in hand

Comment

seems like I am unable to start a thread. So I am latching on to this thread! Appreciate any help someone is willing to give

1. For EAD/AP combo card, should the I-765 and I-131 be sent together in the same package? from USCIS website, seems like the filing addresses is the same for both.

2. I have a pending I-485, my application was sent to Nebraska service center, but sometime along the way, it was transferred to another office, National benefits center. Does this change where I sent the renewal applications?

Thanks!

Comment

1.- Yes
            2.- No
            Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
            Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
            Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
            ---
            All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X