Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will I receive the combo card after approval?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will I receive the combo card after approval?

I got approved C09P EAD/AP on April 3 2020 and the next week I received approval. SSN cards came later too.

But the status has not changed and I am wondering when will I receive the actual card?

Originally posted by condor View Post
    I got approved C09P EAD/AP on April 3 2020 and the next week I received approval. SSN cards came later too.

But the status has not changed and I am wondering when will I receive the actual card?
    usually it takes 7-10 days. at-least mine last EAD came within 7 days. i would say call uscis and inquire about it.

Comment

The EAD is delivered by priority mail, not as regular mail. Did you get a tracking number by looking at your case number online?

I have read a couple of cases on the last 2 years from people that got the approval letter and the SSN card but they didn't create/mail the EAD.

The approval letter should say something about not getting the card. You will need to call.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

I called the USCIS and the lady on the phone was confused why it has not been sent for production yet. She was going to expedite but then she realized I must wait 60 days from Apr 3rd so Jun 4th until I can make a request. In the meantime she gave me two E-Verify numbers, one for myself and one for the employer.

Comment

So anyone have anything further advice for this?

Comment

Oh dear...

So June 4th came and I called USCIS. They said they will expedite the case and gave me a tracking number starting with T1B1. I cannot track this number anywhere, trying different combinations of it into the search engine.

"As of June 4, 2020, your request to have your Employment Authorization Document resent to you, referral number YYYY X, is currently not assigned for processing."

In the past two weeks nothing has happened, what can I do to help it, if anythign? And does anyone know what could be taking so long?

Comment

Oh dear...

So June 4th came and I called USCIS. They said they will expedite the case and gave me a tracking number starting with T1B1. I cannot track this number anywhere, trying different combinations of it into the search engine.

"As of June 4, 2020, your request to have your Employment Authorization Document resent to you, referral number YYYY X, is currently not assigned for processing."

In the past two weeks nothing has happened, what can I do to help it, if anythign? And does anyone know what could be taking so long?
              The T1B1 number is your Service Request number.

I'm sorry you're going through what is a really long delay. I take it this is at the National Benefits Center?

Have you created an account at egov.uscis.gov and looked at your case history?

Does your case history go from case received immediately to "Case was Approved" (without any intervening updates) and then stay there?
              Last edited by Irishoxford; 06-16-2020, 08:01 PM.
              Concurrent Filing AOS - married to U.S. Citizen (i130, i130a, i131, i485, i765, i864, i944)

24Mar2020: Receipt Date: Chicago Lockbox
              23Apr2020: NOA1: (text message).
              09June2020: Expedite Request for I-765 Approved.
              10June2020: I-765 "Case was Approved"
              20July2020: Biometrics
              09August2020: EAD Received
              18August2020: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview

Comment

Originally posted by Irishoxford View Post

The T1B1 number is your Service Request number.

I'm sorry you're going through what is a really long delay. I take it this is at the National Benefits Center?

Have you created an account at egov.uscis.gov and looked at your case history?

Does your case history go from case received immediately to "Case was Approved" (without any intervening updates) and then stay there?
                Yes, NBC.

Yes, it went from received to approved with nothing in between I did receive approval letters both for i-765 and i-131 shortly after explaining that the card will be mailed to be but nothing is happening. And I do indeed have the online account.

Comment

Oh dear...

It seems to be taking them a while to assign requests to officers for processing. I had one that sat around for about 10 days waiting for an officer. But it did get processed in one day once as officer was assigned to it.

You can try and make another request yourself using the online service.. it should fall under requesting a document you didn't receive. You are likely to find that once you complete it, it will match it with the request already outstanding and say they aren't able to process it since you already have an outstanding request.

This is one of those you probably just have to wait on for a little longer.

Comment

Condor,

The main question I have for you right now is “How much is this impacting your ability to work?” If you already have an EAD in another category, and aren’t at risk of losing your job right now, you could file another Service Request and wait. I’ve heard of these sitting unanswered for months though, or with generic messages to keep on waiting (despite that being the issue in the first place).

USCIS guidance for answering these Service Requests is 15 days, by the way.

If you aren’t working, but want to, then I’d strongly suggest getting your Congressman or Congresswoman involved. You can go to their webpage and look for something akin to “Help with a Federal Agency”.

You’ve waited in good faith over several USCIS
                    -recommended waiting times. It’s uncommon to have to
                    wait more than a few weeks from approval to processing.

I take it you did biometrics, right? (Your approval date would suggest that you did.)

J

Last edited by Irishoxford; 06-16-2020, 09:49 PM.
                    Concurrent Filing AOS - married to U.S. Citizen (i130, i130a, i131, i485, i765, i864, i944)

Comment

Condor,

The main question I have for you right now is “How much is this impacting your ability to work?” If you already have an EAD in another category, and aren’t at risk of losing your job right now, you could file another Service Request and wait. I’ve heard of these sitting unanswered for months though, or with generic messages to keep on waiting (despite that being the issue in the first place).

USCIS guidance for answering these Service Requests is 15 days, by the way.

If you aren’t working, but want to, then I’d strongly suggest getting your Congressman or Congresswoman involved. You can go to their webpage and look for something akin to “Help with a Federal Agency”.

You’ve waited in good faith over several USCIS
                      -recommended waiting times. It’s uncommon to have to
                      wait more than a few weeks from approval to processing.

I take it you did biometrics, right? (Your approval date would suggest that you did.)

J

It is not impacting me at all workwise, when I called USCIS in May, she gave me E-Verify numbers so that is clear. However, given that the EAD card has the i-512 travel permit on it, I'd like to receive it ASAP since I might need to leave the country this fall.

I had biometrics scheduled on Mar 18 but go figure it was the very day they closed down.

Comment

It is not impacting me at all workwise, when I called USCIS in May, she gave me E-Verify numbers so that is clear. However, given that the EAD card has the i-512 travel permit on it, I'd like to receive it ASAP since I might need to leave the country this fall.

I had biometrics scheduled on Mar 18 but go figure it was the very day they closed down.
                        Ah, okay. The lack of biometrics might be the reason the card isn't producing at NBC, even if approved. We're not 100% sure if that's the reason, but there's a lot of anecdotal information to think that that is a plausible reason. I've been trying to gather as much info as possible.

That said, I saw one of the January filers stuck at your stage (with biometrics) at NBC since the 9th June. That may not seem like long, relative to your case, but normally the EADs move through a few particular status updates within 96 hours of the initial production update.

Comment

--

Condor - my status is pretty much the same as yours: I765 approved on 6/3 but no update since then. I was told by USCIS that it is due to non-availability of biometrics on my file and that I'll have to wait until the ASC's open up. I've two questions:
                          1) Was the e-verify number provided by Tier 2 support and is that number enough for the employer to allow you to work without a physical EAD?
                          2) Are you doing anything in the meantime (contacting Congresswoman in your area) to expedite processing of the physical card?
                          Thank you in advance for your help!

Comment

Ah, okay. The lack of biometrics might be the reason the card isn't producing at NBC, even if approved. We're not 100% sure if that's the reason, but there's a lot of anecdotal information to think that that is a plausible reason. I've been trying to gather as much info as possible.

That said, I saw one of the January filers stuck at your stage (with biometrics) at NBC since the 9th June. That may not seem like long, relative to your case, but normally the EADs move through a few particular status updates within 96 hours of the initial production update.
                            Irish Oxford,
                            My filing date was in February 2020 and on April 9th I received an email that my case is ready for interview and nothing since then. Today I tried to make a request for case inquiry for I-765 and I 485 and it wouldnot let me do that. It says my application processing times is not beyond regular times so how were you able to request for expediting I 765 though you filed in March 2020??

Thanks in advance

Filing type: Concurrent (I 130, I 130A, I 485, I 765, I 131, I 693)
                            National Benefits Center
                            2/14/2020 : Package sent
                            2/18/2020 : Priority date
                            2/24/2020 : checks cashed
                            2/25/2020 : NoA (I 797) text and email received
                            3/02/2020 : USCIS biometrics appointment letter
                            3/16/2020 : Biometrics appointment
                            3/17/2020 : I 765 and I 485 biometrics applied email and text
                            3/20/2020 : 2nd biometrics appointment letter (stated for I 131)
                            3/24/2020 : USCIS letter cancelling 2nd biometrics appointment
                            3/25/2020 : I 131 finger prints applied email
                            04/09/2020 : Case ready for interview
                            (nothing since then. cant even make a case inquiry on USCIS online page)
                            Last edited by travellingbeauty; 06-24-2020, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by travellingbeauty View Post

Irish Oxford,
                              My filing date was in February 2020 and on April 9th I received an email that my case is ready for interview and nothing since then. Today I tried to make a request for case inquiry for I-765 and I 485 and it wouldnot let me do that. It says my application processing times is not beyond regular times so how were you able to request for expediting I 765 though you filed in March 2020??

Thanks in advance

Filing type: Concurrent (I 130, I 130A, I 485, I 765, I 131, I 693)
                              National Benefits Center
                              2/14/2020 : Package sent
                              2/18/2020 : Priority date
                              2/24/2020 : checks cashed
                              2/25/2020 : NoA (I 797) text and email received
                              3/02/2020 : USCIS biometrics appointment letter
                              3/16/2020 : Biometrics appointment
                              3/17/2020 : I 765 and I 485 biometrics applied email and text
                              3/20/2020 : 2nd biometrics appointment letter (stated for I 131)
                              3/24/2020 : USCIS letter cancelling 2nd biometrics appointment
                              3/25/2020 : I 131 finger prints applied email
                              04/09/2020 : Case ready for interview
                              (nothing since then. cant even make a case inquiry on USCIS online page)
                              Asking for a case inquiry is different from asking for an expedite. You will ask the tier-1 officer to expedite your case, but make sure to have exact reasoning for that expedite request ready to say to the tier-1 officer immediately! I was nearly caught off-guard because I figured they'd send me an email for evidence. I mean, I know why I had to expedite, but enunciating the particulars of it on the fly wasn't expected. They then sent a follow-up email to which I emailed off a cover letter + evidence of my renewed contract (I'm a professor whose semester start dates can't be pushed back, for obvious reasons. We'd filed in a timely fashion, but our original Feb. package was sent back, and then the lockbox at Chicago took a month to get our second package processed. Nobody's fault, but that's the way it went.)

What's generally happening is the following:

1) If a case doesn't have biometrics, they'd deny the expedite request itself pretty quickly.

2) If a case does have biometrics, they'll adjudicate the request itself (which could be denied pretty quickly), and then the case.

This generally happens within 24-48 hours of receipt, but timing has varied considerably. (Mine was done in 48 hours.)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X