Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will I receive the combo card after approval?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irishoxford View Post

Asking for a case inquiry is different from asking for an expedite. You will ask the tier-1 officer to expedite your case, but make sure to have exact reasoning for that expedite request ready to say to the tier-1 officer immediately! I was nearly caught off-guard because I figured they'd send me an email for evidence. I mean, I know why I had to expedite, but enunciating the particulars of it on the fly wasn't expected. They then sent a follow-up email to which I emailed off a cover letter + evidence of my renewed contract (I'm a professor whose semester start dates can't be pushed back, for obvious reasons. We'd filed in a timely fashion, but our original Feb. package was sent back, and then the lockbox at Chicago took a month to get our second package processed. Nobody's fault, but that's the way it went.)

What's generally happening is the following:

1) If a case doesn't have biometrics, they'd deny the expedite request itself pretty quickly.

2) If a case does have biometrics, they'll adjudicate the request itself (which could be denied pretty quickly), and then the case.

This generally happens within 24-48 hours of receipt, but timing has varied considerably. (Mine was done in 48 hours.)

IrishOxford,

I think I am missing a link about tier 1 officers and information on how to expedite a case because I don't know about either of those things. If it is not asking for too much, can you explain how I can get in contact with a tier 1 officer and request for an expedition on my case file? And also in the 2nd scenario above, you said they will expedite the process in which case they may deny the expedite request and then the case also? And for my last question, you said your first application in February was sent back? so, did they specify any reasons for that, which you cleared for your consequent application? Do you mind sharing those?

Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by travellingbeauty View Post

IrishOxford,

I think I am missing a link about tier 1 officers and information on how to expedite a case because I don't know about either of those things. If it is not asking for too much, can you explain how I can get in contact with a tier 1 officer and request for an expedition on my case file? And also in the 2nd scenario above, you said they will expedite the process in which case they may deny the expedite request and then the case also? And for my last question, you said your first application in February was sent back? so, did they specify any reasons for that, which you cleared for your consequent application? Do you mind sharing those?

Thank you very much.
      When you call up the Contact Centre, the people you speak to initially will be Tier-1 officers. Just say you want to expedite your case.

If they deny your expedite request, your case itself will not be denied. I mean, it may be denied later for other reasons, but not for an unsuccessful expedite. It'll just instead go back into its place in the normal processing line.

My case was sent back in February because I didn't include the new I-944. They changed the rules in between our printing of the AOS forms and our sending of them. It was our fault ultimately, but there wasn't much notice given either!
      Concurrent Filing AOS - married to U.S. Citizen (i130, i130a, i131, i485, i765, i864, i944)

24Mar2020: Receipt Date: Chicago Lockbox
      23Apr2020: NOA1: (text message).
      09June2020: Expedite Request for I-765 Approved.
      10June2020: I-765 "Case was Approved"
      20July2020: Biometrics
      09August2020: EAD Received
      18August2020: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview

Comment

When you call up the Contact Centre, the people you speak to initially will be Tier-1 officers. Just say you want to expedite your case.

If they deny your expedite request, your case itself will not be denied. I mean, it may be denied later for other reasons, but not for an unsuccessful expedite. It'll just instead go back into its place in the normal processing line.

My case was sent back in February because I didn't include the new I-944. They changed the rules in between our printing of the AOS forms and our sending of them. It was our fault ultimately, but there wasn't much notice given either!

IrishOxford,

I am a public health professional married to an USC and awaiting my AOS and my EAD. I applied in February 2020 and received an update in April 2020 stating that my case is pending an interview date and I have not received any EAD approvals or any letter for interview yet I know everything is delayed because of the COVID 19 but I am a public health professional and I know I can help my community during this public health crisis and so I called the customer service and talked to them and they asked me which category I fit into to expedite my EAD and I do not exactly fit into any of their categories it is my willingness to serve my community and so I was not sure how and what to answer them. So do you think I have a chance of expediting my EAD by contacting Ombudsman or my district congressman?? I am confused and also frustrated that I have to wait on the sidelines when I have been preparing all my professional life learning about scenarios like covid.

Comment

Originally posted by travellingbeauty View Post

IrishOxford,

I am a public health professional married to an USC and awaiting my AOS and my EAD. I applied in February 2020 and received an update in April 2020 stating that my case is pending an interview date and I have not received any EAD approvals or any letter for interview yet I know everything is delayed because of the COVID 19 but I am a public health professional and I know I can help my community during this public health crisis and so I called the customer service and talked to them and they asked me which category I fit into to expedite my EAD and I do not exactly fit into any of their categories it is my willingness to serve my community and so I was not sure how and what to answer them. So do you think I have a chance of expediting my EAD by contacting Ombudsman or my district congressman?? I am confused and also frustrated that I have to wait on the sidelines when I have been preparing all my professional life learning about scenarios like covid.
          I'd absolutely reach out to your Congressperson and/or Ombudsman. It may end up being in humanitarian reasons or compelling government interests, rather than financial loss (to you or to a business). Your Congressperson should be able to advise on that particularly.

A job offer would help, obviously. Just bear in mind that we've seen examples of health professionals still have their EAD expedite requests denied. The common notion is that you can reapply after 5 days (apparently).

Did you do your biometrics yet? That would help too.
          Concurrent Filing AOS - married to U.S. Citizen (i130, i130a, i131, i485, i765, i864, i944)

Comment

Originally posted by condor View Post

It is not impacting me at all workwise, when I called USCIS in May, she gave me E-Verify numbers so that is clear. However, given that the EAD card has the i-512 travel permit on it, I'd like to receive it ASAP since I might need to leave the country this fall.

I had biometrics scheduled on Mar 18 but go figure it was the very day they closed down.
            Condor and Irishoxford, Do you have any updates?

I would like to know how to get the E-verify numbers? Thank you. I called USCIS for it, they didn't offer me, but ask me to wait. It did affect my work, which expects me to start at July 20. I asked to raise service request, but still don't know when to get the card. wishes to start working on time

The following is my timeline:
            PD and Filed 02/12/2020
            Biometrics 3/13/2020
            Expedite Request: 06/10/2020, based on the financial loss to company
            EAD i-765/I131: Card is ordered for production 06/12/2020
            EAD, approval 6/15/2020
            no update since then.

Comment

Originally posted by hui123456 View Post

I would like to know how to get the E-verify numbers? Thank you. I called USCIS for it, they didn't offer me, but ask me to wait. It did affect my work, which expects me to start at July 20. I asked to raise service request, but still don't know when to get the card. wishes to start working on time

PD and Filed 02/12/2020
              Biometrics 3/13/2020
              EAD, approval 6/15/2020
              no update since then.
              It's taking about two weeks from approval to card mailing. Given the holiday, hopefully you'll see yours shipped by early next week (maybe even tonight). Given that you've done biometrics, I think you'll have your card easily by the 20th July.

Comment

It's taking about two weeks from approval to card mailing. Given the holiday, hopefully you'll see yours shipped by early next week (maybe even tonight). Given that you've done biometrics, I think you'll have your card easily by the 20th July.
                Thank you for your reply and help. I was upset because all the cases (over hundreds) I checked approved on 06/15, already delivered the card.
                Hope you have a good weekend.

Comment

I received a new appointment now for biometrics for 07/13 albeit for i-131 only. Back in March I got one appointment for Mar 18 and another for Apr 7, the first for 485 and the second for 131. Let's see how it plays out this time around and will the card be produced quicker now.

Comment

I received a new appointment now for biometrics for 07/13 albeit for i-131 only. Back in March I got one appointment for Mar 18 and another for Apr 7, the first for 485 and the second for 131. Let's see how it plays out this time around and will the card be produced quicker now.
                    Did you did a bio for 485 before office closure?

Comment

Originally posted by hui123456 View Post

PD and Filed 02/12/2020
                      Biometrics 3/13/2020
                      EAD, approval 6/15/2020
                      no update since then.
                      Any updates???
                      my case was approved on June 23 and I received the approval notice by mail. But i didn't get the card yet
                      Filing from Miami,Fl

02/19. Package sent I-130,I-485,I-765
                      02/20. Package received by USCIS
                      02/28. Received 4 messages for NOA
                      03/03. Received 4 NOA hard copies
                      03/06. Received Biometrics letter for 03/16
                      03/16. Bio-metrics done and applied to the case
                      06/17. Work authorization expedited and RFIE sent by fax
                      06/22. Expedite request approved and new card is produced
                      07/13. Card is mailed.
                      07/16. Combo card received
                      07/27. SSN Received

Comment

Originally posted by sammymaii View Post

Did you did a bio for 485 before office closure?
                        Unfortunately not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif_fouad View Post

Any updates???
                          my case was approved on June 23 and I received the approval notice by mail. But i didn't get the card yet
                          I haven't got my card yet. But my case for card produced show up again on 07/07. I check another website name optimeline, which indicated they just shipped part of cards that are produced on 06/22. I think your card should be shipped soon. Let me know if you have any update? Good luck

Comment

Today I did the biometrics, my appointment letter only listed i-131. Will see how the situation goes on.

Comment

I realize people may not have a specific answer but now that I have, or should have biometrics on file when can I expect to have the card produced?

Also, the contract with the company that presses out the plastic cards has ended. Right now one center is closed and the other center is running limited operations.

Comment

I realize people may not have a specific answer but now that I have, or should have biometrics on file when can I expect to have the card produced?

Also, the contract with the company that presses out the plastic cards has ended. Right now one center is closed and the other center is running limited operations.
                                Hi Condor, any update since you did your biometrics? I hope you get your card soon. I am still waiting to receive a new biometrics notification and haven't seen any update since 6/3!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X