Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD approved but Parole denied

Hello everyone,

I have received a notice of decision for my renewal of advance parole that has been denied. It says that "I may be inadmissible for procuring an immigration benefit by fraud and misrepresentation". And that's why USCIS has denied my APD.

I have a copy of my application and everything I sent is true and accurate. I do not understand how any information on my application would be misrepresented or a fraud.

I have called USCIS but they say they can't discussed the reasons of my denial over the phone.

Now the letter says I can't appeal but I can send a Notice of Motion with I290B with a fee of $675. I just don't see how I would be able to support my case when I do not have the reasons of the allegedly misrepresentation....

Has someone ever got a similar issue problem? Should I send a motion? Or should I just reapply to a new AP?

On which basis did you apply for the EAD and AP cards? meaning which eligibility criteria? and do you suspect any document you submitted may look suspicious to them even if it wasn't meant to be by yourself?
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

I have applied to a Family green card based as I got married to a U.S. citizen in May 2018. I sent the application in June, we got the interview in October 2019 and everything went fine. I had to renew both the EAD and AP card in July 2019. The EAD card was approved in March 2020, but 2 weeks later, the AP was denied.

I have checked the copy of what I sent and this is just basic personal info and reasons to travel and where to (which I basically answered my home country, Canada since this is next door, and for holiday and family reasons), so I do not see where they might have seen something suspicious. Could it be a mistake from them?

I would like to send a motion to either reopen or reconsider but I don't see how to send additional evidences or how to prove that was not intentional considering I am not sure where I could have been sending false info.

Comment

Originally posted by Amm59 View Post
        I have applied to a Family green card based as I got married to a U.S. citizen in May 2018. I sent the application in June, we got the interview in October 2019 and everything went fine. I had to renew both the EAD and AP card in July 2019. The EAD card was approved in March 2020, but 2 weeks later, the AP was denied.

I have checked the copy of what I sent and this is just basic personal info and reasons to travel and where to (which I basically answered my home country, Canada since this is next door, and for holiday and family reasons), so I do not see where they might have seen something suspicious. Could it be a mistake from them?

I would like to send a motion to either reopen or reconsider but I don't see how to send additional evidences or how to prove that was not intentional considering I am not sure where I could have been sending false info.
        did they state any reason why they denied your application?
        is your form i-130/ i-485 pending then you can still refile new application. its free.

Comment

It just says:
          "USCIS records indicate you may be inadmissible for procuring an immigration benefit by fraud and misrepresentation. Because of this, USCIS will not issue you an APD. Therefore we have denied your form I-131. This decision has no effect on future applications you may file with USCIS."

I just don't understand where any of the basic info and documents I sent could have been fraud or misrepresentation :/

Yes my I-485 is still pending. So, will filing a new application for an I-131 not be impacted by this denial?

Comment

It just says:
            "USCIS records indicate you may be inadmissible for procuring an immigration benefit by fraud and misrepresentation. Because of this, USCIS will not issue you an APD. Therefore we have denied your form I-131. This decision has no effect on future applications you may file with USCIS."

I just don't understand where any of the basic info and documents I sent could have been fraud or misrepresentation :/

Yes my I-485 is still pending. So, will filing a new application for an I-131 not be impacted by this denial?
            Bro: when you see immigration start talking about fraud and misrepresentation, you make sure you talk to true lawyer. That looks they are about denied your I-485.
            05/08/20: I-485, I-765, I-131, I-944 sent to USCIS
            05/13 Rejected due to lack of I-864
            05/27 resubmitted with explanation
            06/03 Rejected again-same reason
            06/13 Resubmitted with I-864
            07/07 Lockbox emailed back and ask to resubmit
            07/09 Filings accepted with PD 05/08/20 (nice)
            08/06 Prior biometrics applied to I485
            08/28 Took biometrics for I-765 only
            09/28 I-765's Cards Ordered
            10/02 EAD/AP received
            04/12 Interview Sched
            05/11 Interview done approval on the spot but no USCIS update online

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have received a notice of decision for my renewal of advance parole that has been denied. It says that "I may be inadmissible for procuring an immigration benefit by fraud and misrepresentation". And that's why USCIS has denied my APD.

I have a copy of my application and everything I sent is true and accurate. I do not understand how any information on my application would be misrepresented or a fraud.

I have called USCIS but they say they can't discussed the reasons of my denial over the phone.

Now the letter says I can't appeal but I can send a Notice of Motion with I290B with a fee of $675. I just don't see how I would be able to support my case when I do not have the reasons of the allegedly misrepresentation....

Has someone ever got a similar issue problem? Should I send a motion? Or should I just reapply to a new AP?

the same thing happened with me today is this serious what happened next with you i know it happened with you back in 2020

Comment

Hi
                the same thing happened with me today is this serious what happened next with you i know it happened with you back in 2020

Comment

I think this thread is closed

Comment

Hi, the same thing happened to me too September 2022! What ended up happening with you guys ^ ?

Comment

Same thing happened to me Ead approve and 131 denied I just saw online status no letter yet so don’t know can u update me what happened to ur case did u talk to lawyer

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X