Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traveling on Advanced Parole (F1 married to USC -> applied for I-485)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling on Advanced Parole (F1 married to USC -> applied for I-485)

Hi All,

I had a question about traveling on advanced parole! I am married to a USC and recently received my combo card back in May 2020.

I was on OPT under F1 Visa from June 2019-June 2020.

I was advised to be careful while traveling because they might not let me back in if I have been in the US illegally at any point - I believe that I have not, because I have always had the F1 Visa until June 2020, and then I am currently working under my I-485 based EAD card since my OPT EAD card has expired.

My current I-485 based EAD card counts as legal status, correct?

Does anyone have experience with this? Will I be okay traveling out of the country and will I be let back in?

Thanks You!

You should be okay traveling outside the country. And it is not true that they will not let you in on Advance Parole if you have been in the US illegally.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      You should be okay traveling outside the country. And it is not true that they will not let you in on Advance Parole if you have been in the US illegally.
      Thanks so much! I thought the same too but was getting a bit paranoid

Comment

Hi luna999, I'm wondering if you traveled outside of the US? My husband has the same concerns and it would be helpful if you could tell us your experience.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X