Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EAD for I-485 c9: Wait time >28 months at National Benefits Center. Is this Correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD for I-485 c9: Wait time >28 months at National Benefits Center. Is this Correct?

According to their link here for the National Benefits Center (the location working on it): https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
    Employment Authorization (I-765) at National Benefits Center based on a pending I-485 adjustment application [(c)(9)] is taking 28.5 Months to 37 Months.

This is for a marriage based green card to a US citizen. My wife was on an F-1 visa and was working on OPT until recently. We filed at the beginning of May. Do they really expect her to be out of work for over 2 years? Also, how will this affect her application for advanced parole for travel? How are they backed up all the way back to Aug 2017 when every other location is less than an year?

We have not received any communication regarding bio-metrics yet. If this is really the wait time, is there anything we can do?

Apparently it is correct. COVID shut down biometric appointments, leading to a substantial backlog.

Comment

They recently changed the processing times to 5.5 months of more for family-based EAD.

Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X