Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biometrics appointment after biometrics were done and EAD / AP combo card received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biometrics appointment after biometrics were done and EAD / AP combo card received

Greetings All
    My son received a biometrics appointment for I-131 (advance parole) recently even though he has already done his biometrics 2 month ago and already received EAD / PC combo card with fingerprint picture and "serves as advance parole" on it.
    He filed I-485, I-765 and I-131 at the same time in Feb 2020
    May 2020 - I-131 and I-765 were approved on the same day
    August 2020 - first biometrics appointment notice came and he completed biometrics
    Sept 2020 - received EAD / AP compo card
    Nov 2020 - received 2nd biometrics appointment notice

I noticed now that the first biometrics notice mentioned his I-765 and I-485 cases, but not I-131
    The second biometric notice mentions I-131 only

It appears to be a mistake where USCIS did not link biometrics with the I-131 case. It doesn't make sense that he should do biometrics for the second time and after he already got the card.
    In the current pandemic situation it's very difficult for him to travel to this appointment and looks like it was scheduled by mistake

When I filed my I-485, I-765 and I-131 a year ago, my biometrics appointment notice only mentioned my I-485 case, but apparently that was sufficient for all three cases. I only had to do biometrics once and also got the EAD / AP card

Is there a way to make sure USCIS links his biometrics to I-131 case? They changed their phone menu so that it's impossible to get to a live person now.

Anyone else had similar experience?

What would be the best way to handle it?

Thanks in advance for your help

Originally posted by ser123 View Post
    Greetings All
    My son received a biometrics appointment for I-131 (advance parole) recently even though he has already done his biometrics 2 month ago and already received EAD / PC combo card with fingerprint picture and "serves as advance parole" on it.
    He filed I-485, I-765 and I-131 at the same time in Feb 2020
    May 2020 - I-131 and I-765 were approved on the same day
    August 2020 - first biometrics appointment notice came and he completed biometrics
    Sept 2020 - received EAD / AP compo card
    Nov 2020 - received 2nd biometrics appointment notice

I noticed now that the first biometrics notice mentioned his I-765 and I-485 cases, but not I-131
    The second biometric notice mentions I-131 only

It appears to be a mistake where USCIS did not link biometrics with the I-131 case. It doesn't make sense that he should do biometrics for the second time and after he already got the card.
    In the current pandemic situation it's very difficult for him to travel to this appointment and looks like it was scheduled by mistake

When I filed my I-485, I-765 and I-131 a year ago, my biometrics appointment notice only mentioned my I-485 case, but apparently that was sufficient for all three cases. I only had to do biometrics once and also got the EAD / AP card

Is there a way to make sure USCIS links his biometrics to I-131 case? They changed their phone menu so that it's impossible to get to a live person now.

Anyone else had similar experience?

What would be the best way to handle it?

Thanks in advance for your help

This seems to have been happening a lot recently. Same thing happened to me - I called USCIS several times in advance of the 2nd appointment but I got conflicting information so I decided to go for the 2nd biometrics anyway last Friday, just in case - they took just one fingerprint and a photo. It took literally about 2 minutes.

A tier 2 officer actually called me today... he said sometimes they do that for various reasons. I would advise your son go to the 2nd biometrics appointment. You just never know.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X