EAD and Travel document renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD and Travel document renewal

My Employment based Green card Priority date from past employer was current since early 2019 and I-485 filing was holding for the PERM approval from the current employer. My employment based I-485 application filed during beginning of the Year 2020 for my self and family. We had received the EAD Card ( I-765, EAD approved under the category of (C)(9)(P), Approval I-131, for Travel document for self and Family and SSN for my Children.

The Validity of EAD and Travel document for self and family is till mid April 2021.

I'm still continuing with my H-1B status at work. H-4 approval for Spouse and children are applied and are still processing/Pending at USCIS. My spouse recently started working using her (C)(9)(P) EAD. Post receiving the EAD, we (self or Family) haven't travelled outside of United states

Clarifications -
    Do I need to renew EAD and Travel document for Self and family? I think it cost a lot if need to renew both EAD and Advance Parole for self and family (current employer policy don't pay for EAD renewal)
    Can I renew:
    1) EAD and Advance Parole for self
    2) Only EAD for My spouse (No Advance Parole renewal)
    3) No EAD renewal or No Advance Parole renewal for childrens
    4) In case if needed to renew EAD for childerens, can I do it at later time (post expiry of current EAD)
    Any possible issues?

Since I'm Planning to renew EAD for self and Spouse do I need to pay Biometric fee?
    How much is the Advance Parole renewal fee for myself

Appreciate any valuable response

Thanks
    San

Both I-765 for EAD and I-131 for AP are free for I-485 applicants. This is true for both first-time and renewal applications.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

You just need to send the forms, required documents, and instead of paying, a copy of the I-485 receipt.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

I have a combo card that I would like to renew.
        What supporting documents are required when renewing employment authorization and advance parole together?
        Do you submit each application individually or can you combine both applications and mail them together?
        If you can mail them together, do you need to include two copies of each supporting document such as two copies of the I-485 receipt etc.?
        Last edited by berks; 01-07-2021, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by berks View Post
          What supporting documents are required when renewing employment authorization and advance parole together?
          I follow each form instructions and send one copy on each form. Then I put a cover letter asking for renewal of the combo card and list all documents included with form I-175 and I-131. Everything on the same package. Now doing my second renewal.
          ---
          All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

I follow each form instructions and send one copy on each form. Then I put a cover letter asking for renewal of the combo card and list all documents included with form I-175 and I-131. Everything on the same package. Now doing my second renewal.
            Hi,
            How did you determine the mailing address to send the required documents for the EAD/AP renewal?
            Thanks!
            f4bry

Comment

Originally posted by f4bry View Post

Hi,
              How did you determine the mailing address to send the required documents for the EAD/AP renewal?
              Thanks!
              f4bry
              Visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-765 where to file, https://www.uscis.gov/i-765-addresses select your category, maybe pending adjustment of status (c)(9), then family-based or employment-based.
              ---

Comment

I had a doubt that I wanted to clarify on EAD/AP renewal. Is it necessary to apply for renewal of AP along with EAD or just doing EAD renewal would work?

Comment

Originally posted by Ankur79 View Post
                  I had a doubt that I wanted to clarify on EAD/AP renewal. Is it necessary to apply for renewal of AP along with EAD or just doing EAD renewal would work?
                  You can renew either one by itself, but since they're free, why not renew both of them?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X