Travel immediately after filling the EAD+AP renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel immediately after filling the EAD+AP renewal

I have a current combo card (EAP+AP) that is expiring on Jan 3rd, 2022. I am planning to file an I-485 EAD/AP renewal on Jul 7, 2021, and it will be delivered to USCIS by Jul 8th, 2021.

Once it is delivered, I am planning to travel out of the country on Jul 10th, 2021, and come back after 2 months using my existing AP.

To file an EAD/AP renewal we have to be in the USA, so I will be filing it from the USA and will be traveling immediately.

Before i travel, Is it mandatory to wait until I get the EAD/AP renewal receipt from USCIS or can i leave immediately once the application is delivered?

From what I read is not mandatory, just make sure they received the package.

The problem is that many times if you file AP renewal and you travel abroad they deny the AP. If you get an EAD without AP then you can file form I-131 again.

Another problem that I can see, is that they can approve the EAD/AP in less than 2 months (rare but possible) and you may have problems returning with your EAD/AP when there is a new one approved.

I'm no expert and I'm not sure.

What I will do if this was my case, I'll travel and as soon as I get back then file the renewal. Personal status, filed renewal for EAD/AP in January, card expired by the end of March, still no new card so I can't travel abroad. I hope I get the new one before mid-September.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Thanks, Enub4 for the info.

As i have my current AP valid until Jan 4th, 2022, I think i won't be having any issue for entry using my current AP even if my renewal AP is pending or approved and it will not be abounded.

As per uscis "At times, an individual may have an approved advance parole document while a second one is pending. Individuals may travel on the approved advanced parole document, provided the document is valid for the entire duration of the time abroad. The pending Form I-131 will not be considered abandoned in this situation."

Comment

Perfect, thanks for the info. I remember some problems a few years back I guess they now make it clear that denials should not happen in those situations.
        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
        Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X