Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced parol for emergency and traveling through the EU zone

Hello everyone,

I'm going to ask for advanced parol to go to see my very ill mom (terminal stage). She is living in Europe, and I'm wondering am I going to be able to return from EU territory to the USA with this document. I applied for a green card - employment base (including the combo card) on Dec 23, 2020, but I have received only a Receipt Number so far. I know there are exceptions for some visa holders and people seeking marriage base green card, but I couldn’t find anything for advanced parol. Any advice? Thanks.

Hi,
    Once you get advance parole approval then you can travel and come back. You will not have any restrictions while you come back to the USA. But please make sure, don't leave the US while that application is pending. And also note, Advance parole will be valid for one year after they issue.
    Additionally, If you are on Non-Immigrant visa, you don't want to depend Advance parole rather you can travel with approved visa.
    Thanks

Comment

From what I understand, they started issuing 2-year EAD/AP (combo cards), so you may get one of those.

I think just a few non-immigrant visa categories allow you to travel and return to the USA.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X