Great Job Offer, pending EAD Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Job Offer, pending EAD Renewal

I have a job offer I accepted and have to resume Oct 4th, my EAD is still pending renewal since Nov 2020, filed expedite request 7th Sept still nothing till now. Contacted Ombudsman and Congressman too few days back, what else can I do? This is a 6figure compensation job with a big company, can’t afford to loose it.
    Please advice any other way I can expedite my renewal. Called USCIS again today and was told by the agent nothing has changed on my request.

Welcome to the club. We asked for expedite request two weeks ago. They sent us an email asking for support documents a few days later (last week). We had 48hr to respond. Our case is in Texas. I hope you will hear back from them this week.

Comment

I am also desperately waiting for the initial EAD. I am interviewing for new jobs (for big tech) so I also def do not want to pass on any offer I would get but I have no idea when I would get it. According to my lawyer, having a job offer isn't enough to qualify for expedite EAD request. You have to prove that you have or will have significant financial loss. But this is confusing as I read that some people got their expedite request approved based on a pending offer. Also, I'm waiting for the EAD in the c9 category (concurrent filing with I-140/I-485 Nebraska Center)

Comment

It is incredible that renewals are taking more than 9 months. Several cases where the 180-day extension expires and no new EAD.

There should be a process to make sure the renewals are done within 180 days or a few days more. The change to 2 years EAD will help but not this year with many people not getting their EAD before the 180-day extension.

If you contacted the ombudsman and congressman already, I don't see what else you can do. Good luck.
        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
        Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Dana985 View Post
          Welcome to the club. We asked for expedite request two weeks ago. They sent us an email asking for support documents a few days later (last week). We had 48hr to respond. Our case is in Texas. I hope you will hear back from them this week.
          Did you get a response after sending in your proofs? Since Sept 8th no update for me, no denial, approval or request for proof.
          I guess I would just talk to the HR about my situation and see if they can push the onboarding forward

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
            It is incredible that renewals are taking more than 9 months. Several cases where the 180-day extension expires and no new EAD.

There should be a process to make sure the renewals are done within 180 days or a few days more. The change to 2 years EAD will help but not this year with many people not getting their EAD before the 180-day extension.

If you contacted the ombudsman and congressman already, I don't see what else you can do. Good luck.
            It really sucks, I have a second job offer where the recruiter was asking for my EAD before presenting the offer too, one of the big investment banks in NYC….just crazy going through rounds of interviews only to loose the job cos of late EAD Renewals, I see no reason why it should take forever to renew , it’s not like it’s a fresh application.
            We muve…

Comment

Originally posted by Aberyomi09 View Post
              Did you get a response after sending in your proofs? Since Sept 8th no update for me, no denial, approval or request for proof.
              I guess I would just talk to the HR about my situation and see if they can push the onboarding forward
              Yes, we got denial. Our EAD has been requested by our petitioner, and since they won't have a severe financial loss ( criteria described here https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-g...pedite-request) they decided to deny. Here is the exact answer from them:

"Due to the high volume of expedite requests for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that have been set for these expedite requests. The evidence received does not satisfy the requirements for expedited processing. Therefore, your request for expedited processing has been denied."

However, I think that you are waiting too long, and you should reach your lawyer.

Comment

Yes, we got denial. Our EAD has been requested by our petitioner, and since they won't have a severe financial loss ( criteria described here https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-g...pedite-request) they decided to deny. Here is the exact answer from them:

"Due to the high volume of expedite requests for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that have been set for these expedite requests. The evidence received does not satisfy the requirements for expedited processing. Therefore, your request for expedited processing has been denied."

However, I think that you are waiting too long, and you should reach your lawyer.
                How soon did you get a response after sending in your proofs? And what proofs did you send?
                Regards

Comment

How soon did you get a response after sending in your proofs? And what proofs did you send?
                  Regards
                  It took 2 days. The company sent a letter with an explanation of how delay can affect current projects.

Comment

It really sucks, I have a second job offer where the recruiter was asking for my EAD before presenting the offer too, one of the big investment banks in NYC….just crazy going through rounds of interviews only to loose the job cos of late EAD Renewals, I see no reason why it should take forever to renew, it’s not like it’s a fresh application.
                    We muve…
                    Any update?

Comment

Any update?
                      Was denied but status changed same day to Case Was Reopened For Reconsideration.
                      Hopefully they change their mind thou I reached out to HR and my start date was moved to mid November but again the earlier I get this the better

Comment

Oh, I hope you will get approval soon. ????

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X