Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had any experience applying for Schengen Visa with EAD/AP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had any experience applying for Schengen Visa with EAD/AP?

I am planning to visit Spain for tourism, and I have my EAD/AP card. My H1-B visa stamping has expired, but I do have valid I-797A showing visa extensions as well.

I understand that the EAD/AP card is only for entering back into the United States and it is not for entering into a Schengen country. I will need to apply for a Schengen tourist visa for the participating Schengen country in their US consulate. What I am not sure about is whether they will approve a visa if I am on EAD/AP (and with I-797A extensions) instead of having an unexpired H1-B visa stamping.

Recently, I traveled to Mexico and I had to apply for a Mexican tourist visa. I did not have any problems in getting the tourist visa and re-entering back to the US with the EAD/AP combo card from Mexico. But I am not sure about the rules for Schengen countries.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a Schengen tourist visa when you have an EAD/AP card?

Hi, indianinus100,
    Did you finally get the Schengen visa? Unfortunately, I find myself in the same situation planning for a trip to Iceland with a H1B that's not been stamped yet but with a valid EAD/AP in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by roadrunner99 View Post
      Hi, indianinus100,
      Did you finally get the Schengen visa? Unfortunately, I find myself in the same situation planning for a trip to Iceland with a H1B that's not been stamped yet but with a valid EAD/AP in hand.
      Interesting. I thought AP was only for emergency and unavoidable travel. Am I wrong?
      | This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice |

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X