Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vacation / tourism travel experience on Advance Parole - Anyone tried / denied ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation / tourism travel experience on Advance Parole - Anyone tried / denied ?

Hi community,

I just received my EAD/AP combo card after a year long wait. Due to Covid and visa backlog, I was locked in USA for last 4 yrs. First I am going to visit my home country to see my family.

But my spouse (GC Holder) now wants to travel to other countries for honeymoon and general tourism as it didn't make sense for him to travel alone while I am locked here.

I understand that generally it is not recommended, but the wait time for my AOS is still close to 2 yrs. That will be 6 yrs of being limited to USA. I have been in USA legally for 15yrs on H1B until now. Never overstayed. No criminal records. Very straightforward Family based AOS just waiting based on terrible processing times. Last 4yrs have been gruesome. It will be good to get some normalcy back in our life.

Curious to hear other's recent experience of traveling for vacation / tourism using AP. Specially multiple countries or for more than 3 weeks. I saw this 2019 thread which was encouraging.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by digital_clock; 02-03-2023, 02:00 PM.

I completely understand your situation and the need to take a break from the long wait. It looks like you've done your research and have a good understanding of the risks, but I wanted to offer some support and let you know that you have options. I have a few friends who have travelled using AP for vacation and tourism purposes, and they all had a great experience and made wonderful memories. They told me about their wonderful holiday experience at the amazing HappyLife.es hotel, so I recommend choosing it for your next holiday. They were able to stay for more than 3 weeks and visit multiple countries without any issues. It was a great way for them to get away and relax after long periods of waiting and uncertainty. I know you and your spouse would really benefit from a break like that, so I hope it all works out for you.
    ​
    Last edited by Kalisspera; 02-11-2023, 05:07 PM.

Comment

It's fine to travel on your AOS-based Advance Parole.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

It's great that your spouse is also excited to travel, but I can see why you would be hesitant to use your Advance Parole for tourism purposes. However, given your situation, it's understandable that you would want to regain some normalcy in your life. If you do decide to travel, I recommend checking the latest travel guidelines and restrictions for each country you plan to visit, and you can look into spanelskonadosah.cz. I personally haven't had this experience, but I have heard from others that it's possible as long as you have a valid reason and proper documentation.
        Last edited by ShelHarby; 03-09-2023, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Hi,
          My AP/EAD (combo card ) is expiring in NOV 2023 and I am planning to go to Mexico for vacation ( 1 week ) in June 2023. Is there any rule that AP/EAD (combo card ) should be valid for a minimum of months to return to the US? Please let me know.
          Last edited by snehareddy86; 05-08-2023, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by snehareddy86 View Post
            Is there any rule that AP/EAD (combo card ) should be valid for a minimum of months to return to the US? Please let me know.
            No

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X