Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help...Employer Withholding the H1B original Documents and I-94 ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help...Employer Withholding the H1B original Documents and I-94 ..

Please help...
    Employer Withholding the H1B original Documents and I-94 ..

I recently transfered and apply for extension with new employer. I got approval with-in 2 , 3 months . Now I have to go out of country for stamping and other personal family issues.
    My employer is withholding my original documents and I-94 and not responding my emails or phone calls.
    And once in a while he sends me the email saying "documents will reach you soon.." He is just buying the time. No idea, why he is doing so?

I'm in great mental torture as my parents are waiting for their tourist visa to US , back home and I cant send them the required documents of mine ( incase consulate ask for the sponser's documents) till I dont get my original documents.
    And I cant book the date for my visa stamping till I get the documents.
    He is saying not to go my country and holding the documents . My family waiting for me back home and I have to go urgent due to family issues.
    I contracted USISC they says documents has already been sent to my employer.

Please suggest what should I do .. I try to convience him in every way by emails and phone.. bt never get the response from his end.

Does these employer do this? Any one having this kind of experience ?
    What should I do now?

Any help is appreciated.....
    Last edited by Canadian1; 03-13-2011, 11:21 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Try to meet your employer in person and clear everything regarding what the matters. If they have some concerns, try to clear them up and assure them.

Employers shouldn't be doing this in the first place.

Next time, be careful not to work with such employers.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for responding.

Ya .. my impression was also like the same, employer should not be doing like this, in first place.
      I dont think if there could be any concern with me because I have just join this guy around 4-5 months, before.

The things were kinda OK; till he recieved my visa papers from uscis. Even though initially, he had not updated me for the same.
      I didnt know about my originals until I got an email from USCIS regarding my visa approval notification.

Since then I continuously emailing and calling him..but no response; I little bit surprise to know that he would never respond to my emails and never pick up the phone calls all thru week but on monday or tuesday (every early week , he send me one liner email "you will get it soon ....."). , Later on, after 2-3 months, I went to internet and came to know that these kind of employer exists; they will say you that they don't beleive in any kind of contract or agreement but later on they will withhold the documents.
      I do have a long chain of emails, in which I'm requesting\begging him for documents.

I was not knwing; anything like this, any employer could do; even though I've been in US for last 4 yrs and never think that it could be happen to me. I'm helpless, at this moment.

I cant meet him personally since I've been working at remote client location.

Please help and share If some-one would have or if someone would have heard this kind of experience.
      Last edited by Canadian1; 03-14-2011, 04:24 AM. Reason: add

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X