marrying fiance in India while applying for green card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marrying fiance in India while applying for green card

I am in US with H1B and am preparing to apply for EB1B by early next year. My fiance is in India and has a multiple entry B2. We want to get married but do not wish to wait for PD to be current for AoS of spouse. I am a little perplexed about how to schedule things here:

1. Should I file for concurrent processing of I 140 and I 485?

2. Should I file for I 140, and once i get EAD n AP approved should I go to India get married, get her H4 visa stamped and then apply together for my I485 and my wife's as Eb1B derivative ? Does she have to be in US for initiating that or can she be still in India with and I can file for I 824? In the latter case, does she need h44 or can I file for I824 anyway while she possesses B2?

3. COncurrent filing, followed by marraige in India after getting AP and then adding spouse with I 824 for I 485?

What if she travels to US on her B2 after I get my I 140
    4. we get married here and file for I485 together ? How difficult or suspect would the AoS from non immiggrant B2 to GC?

5. What are the options for her if I cannot travel to India immediately to get married? Should I anyway go ahead with my GC application? If so I140 followed by 485? or concurrent?

I know it is really complicated and technical, and that is why am at my wits end, and would appreciate any help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X