Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling of Green Card by Employer and Spouse

Hi,

I'm looking for some advise and suggestions as I'm a software consultant on my 5th year of H1b visa and my GC petition is still not initiated. I'm getting married soon and my fiance is a GC holder since 2007. She hasn't stayed much in the US and has been out of the US for more than 6-8 months every year since she got her GC in 2007. So, it appears it will take her minimum of about 5 years to get her citizenship in order to fulfill Continuous Residence requirement. It is my understanding that I need to maintain my work status by filing my GC visa via my employer ( please correct me if I'm wrong).

1) Should I also try to file/initiate GC petition through my fiance after our marriage even though I'm going to be requesting employer based GC petition in EB2 category (India) via my employer ?
    I'm not sure if filing two parallel GC petitions is harmful as one will be for employment based GC while the other one will be for Family based GC.

2) Any other advise for my situation will be appreciated as I know GC petition via my current employer ( Labor, I-140, I-485, EAD, GC) is a long process since I'm from India and came here on F1 visa.

Thanks,
    Gagan

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X