Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is EB2 possible with MCA(India) + 4.9 Yrs Exp

Hello -

I have BA (3 Years) + MCA (3 Years) from India. I have joined my new employer when I had 4.9 Years of Experience.

My first question is, is my BA+MCA equivalent to MS in US?
    And 2nd question is am I eligible for EB2?

I heard that my education could be considered as US BS equivalent. So just wanted to check if anybody else had same scenario.

P.S. - Job requirement for GC is 5 Years and Now I have total exp of 5.11 Years after completion date of my Masters (MCA). I had changed my job a year ago. But USCIS always consider the experience prior joining the new job.
    Last edited by craiglistad9700; 05-08-2013, 11:48 AM. Reason: More clear questions

Originally posted by craiglistad9700 View Post
    Hello -

I have BA (3 Years) + MCA (3 Years) from India. I have joined my new employer when I had 4.9 Years of Experience. My question is am I eligible for EB2? I heard that my education will be considered as US BS equivalent. So just wanted to check if anybody else had same scenario.

P.S. - Job requirement for GC is 5 Years and Now I have total exp of 5.11 Years after completion date of my Masters (MCA). I had changed my job a year ago. But USCIS always consider the experience prior joining the new job.
    USCIS looks for 4 Years continuous education for a degree in order to determine the US bachelor's equivalent.

EB2 with a 3 Years Bachelor's is very very difficult. I have heard virtually no successful cases for this.

This is my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      USCIS looks for 4 Years continuous education for a degree in order to determine the US bachelor's equivalent.

EB2 with a 3 Years Bachelor's is very very difficult. I have heard virtually no successful cases for this.

This is my opinion
      Is my full education (BA+MCA) equivalent to MS in US?

Comment

Originally posted by craiglistad9700 View Post
        Is my full education (BA+MCA) equivalent to MS in US?

If your LC requires bachelor's equivalent then the BA is not equivalent to US bachelor's.

If your LC mentions Masters then you will have to get an educational evaluation done. Generally the bachelor and Masters should be in same field to get some chance of them being treated as equivalent to US masters.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X