Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuck in EB3 ( Have a Masters Degree and more than 9 years of experience in USA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck in EB3 ( Have a Masters Degree and more than 9 years of experience in USA)

Hello -

I have a Masters degree from USA and have been working here for more than 9 years. My Green Card was filed in the EB3 category and my perm date is September 2009. I've been patiently waiting for the Immigration overhaul but looks like it might not happen or there will be a delay. My wife is also working and her employer has filed for her Green Card in the EB3 category with a perm date in 2013.

With the EB3 priority date moving at a snails pace, I've been thinking of alternatives and need some advice from my fellow community members:

1 - I'm in the process of talking to my employers so that they can file my GC in the EB2 category. If my employer agrees than can I keep my original Labor certification and date ( i.e. Sept 2009)? I do understand than there has to be a change in title and job for them to do this change.

2 - If I change jobs than and find an employer that is willing to file my GC in the EB2 category than can I still keep my priority date of September 2009?

I like my job and would like scenario #1 to happen but if needed can switch jobs and this wait is getting ridiculous. I've been in the country for 12 years and running out of patience.

Please advice!

Thank You all.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X