X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD is pending - now primary applicant GC process is starting

Hi All,

I need a help in the following.

Am on L1A visa here (Since Mar 2013) and my wife also joined last months. We submitted L2 EAD for my wife as soon as she came here last month. Now my employer is processing my GC and as part of the application have asked to fill I-765 for dependent if she needs to work. My confusion is that since I have already started processing her EAD, should I not include I-765 as part of the GC processing?

Appreciate your thoughts..

Best,
    PK

Yes include I-765 as part of GC processing also. My L2-EAD renewal is yet to approve and my GC EAD(EB1C category) is also filed.
    GC EAD expiration date will be different than L2 EAD expiration. L2 EAD expiration date depends on L2 I-94 date and once your adjustment of status is done u won't be on L1A so ur wife won't be on L2 anymore. I am going to use L2 EAD until my GC EAD comes. Once GC EAD will come I will use that until my GC comes.
    Hope this helps.
    Originally posted by Prakasan View Post
    Hi All,

I need a help in the following.

Am on L1A visa here (Since Mar 2013) and my wife also joined last months. We submitted L2 EAD for my wife as soon as she came here last month. Now my employer is processing my GC and as part of the application have asked to fill I-765 for dependent if she needs to work. My confusion is that since I have already started processing her EAD, should I not include I-765 as part of the GC processing?

Appreciate your thoughts..

Best,
    PK

Comment

L2 EAD is pending - now primary applicant GC process is starting

Originally posted by Pranjjal View Post
      Yes include I-765 as part of GC processing also. My L2-EAD renewal is yet to approve and my GC EAD(EB1C category) is also filed.
      GC EAD expiration date will be different than L2 EAD expiration. L2 EAD expiration date depends on L2 I-94 date and once your adjustment of status is done u won't be on L1A so ur wife won't be on L2 anymore. I am going to use L2 EAD until my GC EAD comes. Once GC EAD will come I will use that until my GC comes.
      Hope this helps.
      Thanks Pranjjal. can one work on the L2 EAD even after filing GC EAD (I-765) until the GC EAD is processed?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X