Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PERM Filing question

Hello all,

I'm in the processing of filing my GC with my current employer. Finally after 10months HR\Manager chasing the application is about to leave and this is what I got today from the HR team member when asked for status. Please read below....

"The application has not gone out yet, but the recruitment has ended. The recent workforce adjustment impacts the PERM application process. The PERM application itself asks “Has the employer had a layoff in the area of intended employment in the occupation involved in this application or in a related occupation within the six months immediately preceding the filing of this application?”

We’re working with our attorney on the best way to approach this, as there are some additional steps that need to be taken. This will cause a delay in the filing date, but we’re moving as quickly as we can and making sure we do this right, so as to ensure we have a successful application."

My Questions:
    1. Normally how long will the delay be ?? and what will the attorney be looking in this case ??
    2. Can I ask my HR team to go ahead and file as no one with my skill set got fired recently ??

I dont know whether I'm in the safe hands or not please advise..........

Appreciate your help Thank you.

Only your HR dept or their attorney can answer these questions.

They should know whether anyone got laid off in your company recently that had similar job as yours. That should be a simple yes or no question. If the answer is No, I don't see what the problem is.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X