Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to apply for Green card without a birth certificate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to apply for Green card without a birth certificate?

I am an Indian citizen but my birthplace is Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. My birth certificate has been misplaced and I don't have any contact in Saudi Arabia. So is there any other alternative through which I can apply for GC without a birth certificate?

Originally posted by kauk22 View Post
    I am an Indian citizen but my birthplace is Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. My birth certificate has been misplaced and I don't have any contact in Saudi Arabia. So is there any other alternative through which I can apply for GC without a birth certificate?
    Possible with suitable affidavits:

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

non availability birth certificate

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Possible with suitable affidavits:

I can submit affidavits but any idea is it necessary that I should get a Non availability birth certificate from Saudi government or is there any other alternative.

Comment

Misplaced is different from Non availability.

Non availability is typically from the Govt body itself such as a very old record or some failure on Govt part to provide it.

Comment

Lies always come back to adversely affect you. The fact you could get a passport without providing an authentic birth certificate certainly make the passports from your country of birth to be worth of rigorous examination.

You need an attorney as frauduant documents are a serious problem.

Comment

I tried to get a 30+ year-old death cert from various agencies in Saudi, with no success. It was a passenger on a crashed Saudi airplane...all passengers died of smoke inhalation because crew couldn't open main cabin.

If you can get a written response describing unavailability of a birth form a Saudi government agency, that's a start.

Wasn't your birth reported to an Indian Embassy or other Indian government agency? The secondary birth certs from foreign birth reports (as with U.S.) are recognized as credible proof of birth.

In the absence of such a document from an Indian government agency, the next most frequent documents for proof of birth are religious documents.

Affidavits from family members or family friends won't cut it.

--Ray B

Originally posted by kauk22 View Post

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X