Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to leave Employer(I-140 and H1B approved)- after one year got GC from marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to leave Employer(I-140 and H1B approved)- after one year got GC from marriage

Hello,

I have been reading all other posts regarding how to terminate/leave employer legally. There have been many cases I have read, however I didn't find one like I have where one is in.

I am in first year of my Employment based GC process which was started in early 2011 - have I-140 approved and got H1B extended in December 2012 for another 3 yrs.

I was married to GC holder in 2010 started GC process based on my spouse in 2010 October. Early this year my spouse became USC and I received my GC in 6months.

When I started my Employment based GC process, my employer asked me to pay all the costs, i.e. for filing, H1b extension etc. I also did sign a contract with him, however he didn't sign it as he kept only one place to sign that is for me. Are GC contracts should be mutually signed, i.e. by employer and employee both?

I would like to know, if I leave him will I be entitled to pay him or be taken to court??????.... as the contract states that if the employee receives GC through another source than employee has to pay this much amount to the company.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X