Filing for spouse on my Greencard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing for spouse on my Greencard

Hello I'm new to this site and need some advise.....I am a Permanent Resident for over 10 years. My girlfriend is visiting me from the Caribbean, we are getting marry next week, she will be out of status next week also and I want her to stay here and she is ok with it. Can I go ahead and petition for her as a Permanent Resident? Do they normally accept these petition? Will they deport her when her time is up if I filed the petition? Or should I wait until I become a citizen?

You can submit an I-130 for her after you marry. But you have to wait until her Priority Date becomes current before submitting the Adjustment of Status paperwork (I-485). The waiting period will begin when the I-130 is officially received by USCIS and a Priority Date is assigned.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Good guy View Post
    Hello I'm new to this site and need some advise.....I am a Permanent Resident for over 10 years. My girlfriend is visiting me from the Caribbean, we are getting marry next week, she will be out of status next week also and I want her to stay here and she is ok with it. Can I go ahead and petition for her as a Permanent Resident? Do they normally accept these petition? Will they deport her when her time is up if I filed the petition? Or should I wait until I become a citizen?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X