L1-A to GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1-A to GC

My L-1A will be done within couple of weeks - I qualify for all the requirements for L1-A. My employer has said that they will apply for my GC but they have not mentioned when - not sure to believe them or not because if not for GC, I don't want to move to US. Question is :-

1) Once I move to US on L-1 A, can they apply for I-140 without waiting for any time period ?

2) I am thinking of moving first alone, insist them to apply for I-140 immediately and once done & get the acknowledgement receipt of I-140 application, come back (for a month) and then move my family for good. Want to be sure that they apply my GC - can I do that ? Can I move out of US for a month while I-140 is in progress ?

3) Can I-485 be applied for self and family once I move my family to US for good or it has to be applied along with I-140 itself ?

Thanks for your reply...

Originally posted by raj_076 View Post
    My L-1A will be done within couple of weeks - I qualify for all the requirements for L1-A. My employer has said that they will apply for my GC but they have not mentioned when - not sure to believe them or not because if not for GC, I don't want to move to US. Question is :-

1) Once I move to US on L-1 A, can they apply for I-140 without waiting for any time period ?

2) I am thinking of moving first alone, insist them to apply for I-140 immediately and once done & get the acknowledgement receipt of I-140 application, come back (for a month) and then move my family for good. Want to be sure that they apply my GC - can I do that ? Can I move out of US for a month while I-140 is in progress ?

3) Can I-485 be applied for self and family once I move my family to US for good or it has to be applied along with I-140 itself ?

Thanks for your reply...
    I am not a lawyer nor well-versed with immigration laws but just sharing our personal experience. We moved to the US on an L1-A last summer, settled down and then started arranging the paperwork for the I-140 (EB1 category) and I-485. We applied for both together in Feb this year and got our GCs in April.

From what I know, you don't need to wait for any time after you move here before moving the I-140 but I think demonstrating that the reasons for your move here on an L1 visa continue to be valid is likely to add strength to your case.

All the best.

Comment

birder

Could you give me a time frame blow by blow for your case. Which office handled you case, if you don't mind me asking

Comment

L1-A to GC

Birder??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X