Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GC - Reapply after withdrawing - New H1B ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC - Reapply after withdrawing - New H1B ?

Hi,

Green Card - EB 2, Priority Date -Jan 2009, I-140 approved, application withdrawn last year. Unfortunately I I had to move back to India last year(health reasons), and withdrew my green card application based on lawyer feedback.

Additional details:
    I currently have a B1/B2 visa with 10 year validity(expiring 2024). I did travel to the states 1 month back for 2 weeks. My H1-B from my old company is still there in my passport(it was renewed for 3 years after my I-140 got approved), and expires on 30OCT2014.(if you subtract the no of days I was in the US during this H1B period, i would still have around 18 months unused) My I-140 is approved, and based on priority date (Jan 2009), my projected green card is expected around June 2015

So here are my questions. If someone can answer them I would really appreciate it

* What is my best option to get back to the US based on Employment ?
    * The confusing part is the H1B. Should the company apply for a new H1B or can they extend my current H1B by another 3 years(since I have an approved I-140) ? If they can extend the H1B should they do it before October 2014? I had already used up my 6 year quota, was extending by 1 year until I-140 got approved, and then did a 3 year extension..which is what I have right now
    * Also should I ask a company interested in me to apply/continue the Green Card ? My old company lawyer told me that I can retain the Priority date even if I withdrew the GC application. So I am hoping that if someone applies for me, I would get the Green Card around June 2015
    * How soon should I start the process ?

Thanks
    Hari

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X