Form 9089

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form 9089

I am an employer looking to sponsor an employee for their Green Card. They are already in the US on H1-B visa and we would be applying for change of status to Perm. Do I still need to complete the Form 9089 and the associated recruitment campaign when the person is already working for the company? It seems a bit odd to me, as I am supposed to have a legitimate vacancy for the role, but given that I already have someone doing the job, I technically don't have a vacancy!

Obviously, if this step is still required I will do it, but it just seems to be a whole lot of wasted effort running a recruitment campaign for nothing.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Yes, you have to.

The person you have is on a temporary basis for a temporary job.

The person you want to file the green card for is for a future permanent job.

That temporary job and a future permanent job can be the same. Also, the person for both of those jobs can be the same.

In other words, you need to show that you have a permanent job opening, you can't find US people to do that job, therefore you have hire a temporary person and now you want to fill that job permanently, incidentally, with the same person. Therefore, you are requesting the government to give him the green card.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Ah, when you put it like that yes it makes perfect sense!

I'd better get busy with the recruiting

Thanks very much for your advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X