Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A to EB1C help - problem with lawyers

Hi,

I am UK citizen but have been living in the US for 14 months now on an L1A Intra-company transfer visa as I was employed as a manager outside of the US for a year previously and still am now in the US.

My company is willing to apply to EB1C green card and have some lawyers working on my application but from everything I seem to read online they are creating a huge hassle over this.

They have asked me 3 times now to keep re-writing my job descriptions from when I was in the UK and my last 14 months in the US and need to know exactly how I manage people and exactly what percentage of my time everyday is spent on each task that I do, despite them already have this from L1A visa application, as it the same lawyers.

It was my understanding that with the EB1C category you don't need to go through the whole justifying your job again and proving you were qualified as a manager for a year outside of the US as the L1A visa already did this and obviously that wouldn't have changed. Is it normal that the lawyers/Immigration need all this information again and in so much detail? I thought it was just the I-140 and I-485 that was needed, neither of which ask for full details of my employment history and managerial style in this much detail. It is proving very difficult to any questions answered by my lawyers as they keep ignoring my questions and take 2-3 weeks to reply each time so appreciate any help you can provide on this process and it is proving very stressful from the way they are handling.

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X