Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical School -- Green Card

Hi

I am a 30 yr old IT professional and would like to pursue medical school (change in career) in the US (I know its 8 long years)
    But I would like to know if it is possible to get a Green Card based only on the 8 years of study .
    I have seen that in Europe the number of years spent in the country count towards PR etc

Please let me know

A student visa in the U.S. has no bearing on Green Card eligibility. To be eligible for Green Card status, you must have a legal basis for the U.S. requirements, such as family relationship, investor, visa lottery, some types of employment-based visas.

--Ray B

Originally posted by stealth View Post
    Hi

I am a 30 yr old IT professional and would like to pursue medical school (change in career) in the US (I know its 8 long years)
    But I would like to know if it is possible to get a Green Card based only on the 8 years of study .
    I have seen that in Europe the number of years spent in the country count towards PR etc

Please let me know

Comment

so people who do study bachelors and then the post grad dont really seem to have any advantage about the number of years spent in the country?

Comment

A student visa is a nonimmigrant visa, intended only for the user to attend school in the U.S. Upon completion of your school plan, you are expected to return to your home country.

--Ray B

Originally posted by stealth View Post
        so people who do study bachelors and then the post grad dont really seem to have any advantage about the number of years spent in the country?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X